Odd Stuff (Part 5)

It’s from most likely 2016.

5 Likes

Maybe meant to be a throw back then?

3 Likes

Thinking of the stairs as a triangle- the hypotenuse would be longer. And a large open concept living/dining room wouldn’t need a hall.

5 Likes

I suppose using the diagonal might slightly increase flat floor space at the expense of the stairs on one side and headspace. The steps themselves could accommodate drawers for storage.

4 Likes

Ramp, we need a ramp. Multiuse house/skate park.

6 Likes

It was an expo piece.

4 Likes

You can still get an Action Sampler with a transparent case.

3 Likes

… and SAM/cruise missile launch pad.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

1 Like

A kitchen and bathroom would be handy.

3 Likes

If I’m reading the picture right, there are four “levels”, being “living room”, “kitchen”, “bathroom”, and “bedroom”. I may be wrong. Maybe the second section is meant to be the “office”, and you’re meant to live on Ubereats forever.

I see what you did there.

4 Likes
6 Likes

The idea, as Reuters puts it, is that it passes a small electric current to “concentrate sodium ion molecules on the tongue,” enhancing salty flavor. It’s like techno-umami. The company says the goal is to get people to eat healthier by letting them eat low-sodium food without being sad about how unsalty it is.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Residents in a small city in northeastern Colorado were cleaning up Tuesday after hail the size of baseballs and golf balls pounded the community, with heavy construction equipment and snow shovels used to clear ice that piled up knee-deep the night before.

12 Likes

The German cockroach evolved alongside humans, and its only natural habitat is inside our buildings

After a nuclear war, I’m sure they’ll manage without us.

7 Likes

How about just add some salt? :thinking: Or MSG?

2 Likes

I don’t think those two provide the same glorious taste sensations. It’s meant to simulate the taste of salt, thereby reducing salt consumption.

1 Like

Sure, but one can always use some sort of salt substitute that’s lower sodium, yeah? :woman_shrugging:

1 Like