Odd Stuff (Part 5)

“modern wankpanzer”
OMG! that’s the funniest thing i’ve read in a while! that describes the monstrosities perfectly.

7 Likes

It’s not my term, it’s one you see online a lot in anti SUV places and it seems to have taken legs which is fun.

8 Likes

20 Likes

Speaking of saving money on the phone bill, my BFF’s childhood household was on a party line into the early 90s! :grimacing:

7 Likes

Found it, but only after I zoomed in as much as a could…

7 Likes

That was much easier than the one I saw with a lizard earlier today.

3 Likes

Shit. I’m dead.

11 Likes

I am maintaining eye contact and withdrawing.

9 Likes

“ While mauling a hiker on Signal Mountain, the grizzly bit into the man’s can of bear repellent and was hit with a burst of it, causing the animal to flee. The 35-year-old Massachusetts man, who’d pretended to be dead while he was being bitten, made it to safety and spent Sunday night in the hospital.”

You are one very lucky guy.

11 Likes

My new Grizzly Bear Armor will be a bodysuit made up of bear repellent aerosol cans. Come at me bear!

7 Likes

If I didn’t have a sinus headache, I’d’ve stood up and cheered after watching this:

I also really want his slippers, and ofc I love his horsey vest and jodhpur-y trousers!
Do plz cross-post wherever it’s needed.

That is quite good! LOL
‘Fucktrumpet’ is a fave of mine; first saw it in a tweet from a chap in the UK who was rightly denigrating merkin von bankupt, AKA benedict donald.

We had a party line for years after we moved into that house in 1972. The line was shared with an old lady who rarely used the phone, but would be on it for hours when she did :smiley: It felt like a real accomplishment when we finally got A Private Line.
Call Waiting seemed like manna from heaven. Caller ID was another seeming godsend, and Caller ID on Call Waiting made our hearts explode with joy.

7 Likes

Isn’t it just super weird how fast all that changed in our lifetime!?! Now we all have “private lines” more or less…

9 Likes

I have frequently thought about that stuff and similar since early childhood, even more so now I’m old XD The ways our phones have changed & evolved since the mid-60s is just one example. TVs are another.

Watching the '69 moon landing as a three-year-old gave me an almost adult-level awareness re: what we humans can accomplish when we truly set our minds to something, and I’ve watched our technological etc progress over my lifetime with a science fiction author-esque sense of pride, wonder, and much, “Of course we’ve accomplished that!”

The knowledge re: “Yeah, it’s expensive now, just wait a few years and [insert object/treatment/etc] will be both smaller [ETA: or bigger in some cases!] and cheaper,” has also stood me well over my last five decades of existence XD XD

7 Likes

Trick question: He’s not looking at you, he’s looking at the other snow leopard sneaking up behind you.

13 Likes

… first they gatekeep access to the fancy bullshit and make us compete for it

then they offer it to everyone

then they require us to use the fancy bullshit and make us compete using the fancy bullshit

and now we all have to be video producers whether we like it or not, just to be “normal” :thinking:

3 Likes

Nope. I need a big circle round it and probably even some help then. I’m shit at these.

6 Likes

I usually am too… I think I just lucked out!

3 Likes
Answer key

8 Likes

… is kitty planning to leap to his or her death?

I don’t understand why there would be a leopard there :confused:

Some big cats are pretty good in the mountains…

5 Likes