Odd Stuff (Part 5)

Although there are concerns about potential health impacts for high-level competitors.

1 Like

Wasn’t meant as a judgement on you and I’m sorry if came off that way.
I feel pretty salty about Mr. beast and company marketing Prime Hydration to kids. And even worse, Prime Energy. They know the kids they market to are too young for all that caffeine and should know the vitamin levels are dangerous. I’ve known more than a few parents who thought Prime Hydration was fine for their 7 year old and seen multiple under-10 kids drinking Prime Energy. They also made the packing so similar. The only difference is hydration is plastic bottle and energy is a can. Way too easy for a tired parent to mistake the two of them.

The owners and Mr. Beast and what’s-his-name know very well their target audience is too young to consume these products safely. So they put a useless warning on the Prime Energy that is very small to cover their asses.

The marketing of these products to children is wrong and it upsets me they put profits over the health of children.

10 Likes

Inside ‘reality shifting,’ the trend where TikTokers claim they can enter the world of Harry Potter

3 Likes

21 Likes
4 Likes

10 Likes

Do you know a lonely conch looking for love (GSOH essential)?

7 Likes

I read that as “couch,” and then looked for “The Onion,” and was surprised to see “The Guardian.” :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Couch cwtch?

7 Likes

A fascinating article, an absolutely banging song (1995? then 1997? geez I’m old…), and then…

https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/92x61w/conch_have_cute_googly_eyes_that_make_them_look/

12 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out if this headline is real or if I just dreamed it.

6 Likes

It’s very real. Just scroll up a tiny bit to see the conversation about kid’s marketing and nutrition

8 Likes

Damn, I thought I had dreamed that too.

5 Likes
8 Likes

That’s so 1990ies, not counting landline telephones.

4 Likes

Finnish cover for Martin Woodhouse’s Mama Doll (1972 Finnish translation 1973).

1 Like

14 Likes

21 Likes

Not one birb in the lot?! Extremely suspect.

12 Likes

Bird is actually an older form of the same word, intermediate between brid and birb.

5 Likes