Odd Stuff (Part 5)

i have no idea, but I just found the same image in a post from 2021 so my guess would be real (I don’t remember AI image generation being that realistic then :woman_shrugging: )

6 Likes

Nice sleuthing! Definitely looks real, just some quality loss on the memefied version. And the addition of that blur next to the vacuum… which I will stop obsessing over… now.

6 Likes
9 Likes
5 Likes

I wondered who’d catch the ref, not surprised it was you! :smile:

4 Likes

That album is definitely a favorite of mine!

3 Likes

Right? Have you seen the film? It helped get me hooked for awhile on them. I think it’s my favorite album of theirs.

7 Likes

Oh, I have not! Thanks for the recommendation!

3 Likes

from

That really should be a horror-comedy movie…

22 Likes

… but if we don’t vote for a war then the wrong sort of war will get elected :face_with_monocle:

9 Likes

Its also possible that in Jurassic Park the cloned T-Rex destroys its own fossilized skeleton.

8 Likes

umm gifs | WiffleGif

11 Likes

Would watch that reboot… Jurassic park from the POV of the dinosaurs whose DNA were cloned… Would they be ghosts?

Dinosaur ghosts? That’s the sound of almost every 8 year old screaming in joy!

8 Likes

dragons' den good idea GIF by CBC

7 Likes

Dinosaur vampires versus zombie ghosts, the epic trilogy:

comic2-2232

comic2-2233

comic2-2234

9 Likes

My then-BF and I went on a cross-country road adventure in '89. There was a total Blood Moon eclipse while we were in Colorado. We were sat on a massive boulder outside our motel (not in Boulder), at a busy street, watching the moonrise and eclipse.

Many drivers who were stopped at the traffic light would ask what we were up to, and we’d point to the Moon and explain. They invariably thanked us, and usually yelled over to other nearby drivers! We got lotsa grateful waves both from the people we spoke to and those whom they’d hipped! Had this not happened so many decades ago, they woulda been on their cell phones to call everyone they knew who’d be interested :smiley:

One gentleman was so hyped he yelled his thanks, told the people in the car next to him, and took off like a bat outta hell so he could get home and watch!

It was a truly spectacular eclipse. The Moon was gold, orange, then blood red as the Sun got closer, then passed between us and nommed the Moon. As the Sun withdrew, the red became lighter, and the Moon again became orange, gold, and then her usual silver.

We both hoped that man got home in plenty of time and had a great view.

15 Likes

…and my BF, too, also!!! tophat-biggrin tophat-biggrin tophat-biggrin tophat-biggrin tophat-biggrin tophat-biggrin tophat-biggrin tophat-biggrin

I’m sending those links to my BF right now!!!
tophat-biggrin tophat-biggrin tophat-biggrin tophat-biggrin tophat-biggrin tophat-biggrin tophat-biggrin tophat-biggrin

5 Likes

A long time ago, in the long lost country that was Google+, I wrote a short story in response to the prompt “dinosaur zombies”.

It was basically a palaeontologist looking at an almost complete T-Rex skeleton they were excavating, pointing out to another that even at this stage, there was something weird: look at this polish on the joints. It looks like the bone was worn down and polished smooth by rubbing bone against bone… which means that the cartilage had all been worn off, in almost every joint — hips, knees, ankles, spine — but without any of the inflammation or reaction you’d expect from arthritis. It looks almost like this animal was dead, but didn’t stop moving.

The two palaeontologists agree that that’s not possible, and it will be fascinating to study the find later and figure out what’s really going on. Then one asks the other what’s wrong. “Oh, nothing. I just cut myself on this tooth. It’ll be fine.”

14 Likes

Sterling Heights is a NE Detroit suburb

8 Likes

He sounds like everyone’s favorite rock and roll clown

6 Likes