Odd Stuff (Part 5)

It’s only temporary! God has a bunch of auditions lined up and is due for a big break any day now!

11 Likes

7 Likes

Mutant wolves roaming Chernobyl Exclusion Zone have developed cancer-resilient abilities: study

They learned that the wolves are exposed to 11.28 millirem of radiation daily for their lifespans — more than six times the legal safety limit for humans.

The Chernobyl wolves’ immune systems appeared different than normal wolves’ — similar to those of cancer patients going through radiation treatment, the researchers found.

Love pinpointed specific regions of the wolf genome that seem to be resilient to increased cancer risk, the release states.

The research could be key to examining how gene mutations in humans could increase the odds of surviving cancer — flipping the script on many known gene mutations, like BRCA, that cause cancer.

14 Likes

2 Likes
7 Likes

And that’s something rightoids are supposed to be proud of? They can have him.

4 Likes

Object K rapidly disassembles

Object K sounds like one of those foreboding items often found in Reader’s Digest sci-fi stories, more worrying than Object J or Object L, I wonder why?

10 Likes
3 Likes

She’s been eating the leafy bits of potato plants instead of the tubers again, hasn’t she.

8 Likes

10 Likes

Are you trying to start a “Ridiculously dreamy Australian vet” meme?

1 Like

Robert Irwin isn’t a vet.

I think you’re thinking of Dr Chris Brown.

6 Likes

Fonzi is a vet though. He fought in the Shark Wars.

9 Likes

The things John Oliver has named in his honor!

6 Likes

Flashlight in the jet intake? That sucks.

Flashlight in the jet exhaust? That blows.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Alaskan wilderness keeps finding new ways to kill people

4 Likes

I think he is there to cover the type of ward.

1 Like

God, I love her.

2 Likes

6 Likes