Odd Stuff (Part 5)

I think they used it to convey the same sort of meaning that the Romans did- Strength (and power) through unity.

1 Like

My understanding was that is not what the Romans fasces carried by the consuls represented, but rather what their authority allowed them to do, as evidenced by the axe in the middle. If that’s out to lunch and there is some other reason it’s there I’d love to know it.

Family gatherings

2 Likes

“Winds at cruising altitude peaked at about 265 mph, according to the Washington, D.C., area National Weather Service office — the second-highest wind speed logged in the region since recordings began in 1948.”

Whew! Mach 1.

11 Likes
13 Likes

Wait What Instinct GIF by CBS

You can buy a TANK on ebay?

13 Likes

I bet Walter could get you a tank.

11 Likes

Ignore The Big Lebowski GIF

9 Likes

11 Likes

Also… Be Buffy…

8 Likes

Oh, the very first step to surviving is to not be anxious about the fact that you’ve been buried alive and hours away from death? I’m sure that will definitely reassure anyone who was concerned about it. :neutral_face:

8 Likes

:thinking: Ok, first I’ve gotta make sure family and friends know I prefer to be buried…

3 Likes
14 Likes

Or just ring the bell!
Coffin safety bells were not uncommon during the Victorian era.

5 Likes

Donald Knuth never told Steve Jobs that he was full of crap

5 Likes

‘It’s a lot of UFO stuff and a lot of healing’: Inside L.A.'s wackiest spiritual convention

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ar-BB1ivKn2

“Moore shared the stage with Asil Toksal, a former advertising executive-turned-channeler, and Viviane Chauvet, a Phoenix-based woman who claims to be a member of an ancient alien race sent to Earth to share her civilization’s wisdom.

“I know I look a lot like a human, but that’s the idea,” Chauvet said as members of the audience chuckled. “This was the best way to be a conduit.”“

7 Likes

no, here’s how.
ok, Viviane, you hold this person’s hand.
now, with your other hand, stick this two-tined fork into that wall socket.
see… now you are a conduit.

sorry about that unfortunate volunteer hand holder…

6 Likes

No, you don’t look human at all.

6 Likes

Whoa!

7 Likes

Why not? He should have… Professor Knuth is probably just too nice…

6 Likes