Of pasta and patents

I love making pasta by hand. We’ve got one of those machine things (hand crank, no motor) which I use occasionally but mostly I prefer getting hands on that stuff and restricting my tools to a knife, a fork, a spoon and a rolling pin. Flour ends up everywhere. Crank up Saturday Afternoon At The Opera and crack open the wine.
Omnomnom!

2 Likes

I’ve made mozzeralla gnocchi a couple of times. No potatoes; cheese and flour.

They came out OK, but were a lot of effort.

You can buy packaged gnocchi now that isn’t bad. I eat them topped with my home-made pesto sauce.

1 Like

So you’re all game for a pasta that can be displayed at the Smithsonian (while(government & !government): …) but this is to show that we all need a fidget machine with durable Italian drive parts?

Or, you wouldn’t mind keeping per-issue publication records as long as they came out the top of your phone like a stream or read Twitter notes, into a dryer, for 80-day rolling copy and cookery? (The harvest of shaped balloons with food dye frozen in them is due, soon… Maybe they’re good for the Morbid Rush WaPo (superbowl) ad re-happening.)

[Buttons lace-up shirt at collar septunce.] Now, cavatelli are in the category that should be formed by cavitation. Rotini should be formed by breaking things. Oroncini are delicately formed by hand or drones around Amazon shipping hubs; sometimes Google Home skills U2 racks can serve. By returning to the technology of hand-cranked lighter-than-air craft basket impellers, and combining with a profitable sprung pin technology company’s work, we were able to combine these shapes…

stefanjones> mozzarella gnocchi…
Now see, pretend I have a looong search failure for that, and it goes all the way past substituting parsley root, and it skips all the hard smoked mozzerella to-do imagining that can’t be the part you meant, this isn’t Cooking Issues podcast, and it’s imagining scorching water into fresh wet semolina in globs of mozzerella. I still have my mozzarella globs, but your globs are going down down down, like you’re making gnocchi. How is that?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.