The rarest pasta in the world: only three people alive can make it

Originally published at: The rarest pasta in the world: only three people alive can make it | Boing Boing

12 Likes

The process reminds me, very broadly speaking, to how dragon’s beard is made.

I would assume that the difficulty for this pasta is way way higher because getting the right consistency with the dough takes a high level of experience. I’d never heard of this pasta and it looks pretty amazing. I’d hope that someone is interested enough in learning how to make it, would be a shame if it disappeared.

14 Likes

The fact that this thought occurred to me is probably damning; but if one wanted to be the Larry Summers of cultural heritage preservation it seems like it would probably be pretty doable to round up a whole bunch of candidates to learn a painstaking technique that produces a desirable product from among the depressingly large number of people whose painstaking efforts leave them at or below subsistence.

4 Likes

Now I want to make a lab technique to identify the properties of the pasta so that you can measure out the different elements that need to be right (mostly by systematically getting them wrong)

4 Likes

That’s nothing. I can make pasta that I doubt even three people in the world would have the ability to digest.

6 Likes

My gnocchi turned out like that.

2 Likes

And thus, America. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.