Officer of the month charged with rape

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/16/officer-of-the-month-charged-w.html

3 Likes

11 Likes

This is nothing new. A friend told me of his brother (ex-NYPD cop) who told him of fellow cops routinely “taking advantage” [rape!] of street prostitutes who wanted to avoid arrests.

11 Likes

Wow. It’s almost like power + lack of accountability = abuse of that power. Fellas, I think I just made a discovery!

16 Likes

I got nothing, I’m just disgusted with the human race right now.

8 Likes

“But what was she wearing?”

2 Likes

Reading between the lines here, he may have assumed she was in a vulnerable position where she might not have reported a crime:

Police have released surveillance video that they believe shows the very beginning of the incident where the officer activates the lights on his police cruiser.
Stawinski says he released the video to assure the community that the officer could not have known the alleged victim’s immigration status before pulling her over.

4 Likes

This is wildly unlikely to be an isolated event…

4 Likes

Ugh, of course it’s PG County. They’ve had a history of violence issues, so not shocked by this.

1 Like

There’s never only one.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.