Ohio mayor: allowing people to go fishing on frozen lakes will lead to prostitution

Originally published at: Ohio mayor: allowing people to go fishing on frozen lakes will lead to prostitution | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

40 Likes
23 Likes
25 Likes

I…I’ve heard jokes about fish market, but this is a new angle. I’m blindsided.

8 Likes

45 Likes
7 Likes

projector GIF

13 Likes

Mayor Schubert has found himself in charge of one swingin’ and wide-open town.

11 Likes

What other shenanigans are those Ohio outdoorsmen up to?

Police: This is a raid! We’re shutting down this establishment for lewd and lavacious conduct!
Hunter: For the last time, this is a DUCK blind!

32 Likes

Ice shanties are full of hookers ???

13 Likes

If this were true, you’d have to rename the Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon movie, Generally Satisfied Old Men.

19 Likes

happyhooker

11 Likes

29 Likes

Would it really be so bad to legalize and regulate prostitution? If you could pick up your permit at the bait shack, that would be a bonus. :man_shrugging:

14 Likes

Ban ice fishing = end prostitution

Sure, that makes sense. Also, if you ban waffle houses you will end obesity, and if you ban SUV’s you’ll end drunk driving, and I could go with this farce forever, but they’ll keep electing the absolutely dumbest morons no matter how often we point it out.

11 Likes

I wonder if the mayor grew up near Put In Bay. That may explain this.

It is a party island in lake erie which used to have a reputation of drunken naked people in the streets. Where all the fishermen would go to misbehave. I have heard stories, although I guess it is better now. More family friendly.

5 Likes

This might be the weirdest mashup of Dunning-Kruger and Baader-Meinhof.

When you’re dumber than you realize and you think about frequenting prostitutes, then you might be a man who wants to bring hookers to an ice shack and thinks that this is a normal idea.

8 Likes

The best part of the quote was how he finished up: “Just data points to consider.”

That is my new go-to phrase when I say something ridiculous. It lends such gravitas.

24 Likes

This is the same town where the local VFW cut a speaker’s mic when he told the story of how memorial day started with previously-enslaved people tending a union cemetery at the end of the civil war.

I fear this town has been infected with dumb, which is sad because I have family who lived and grew up there. But then again maybe it was always like this and the bucolic Hudson charm was a facade to the stupidity.

15 Likes