Ohio mayor: allowing people to go fishing on frozen lakes will lead to prostitution

Well. . . now we know how the mayor’s mind really works.

8 Likes
6 Likes

The best part about this video is the reaction of the guy next to the mayor :joy:

7 Likes

Look - if you can fish and have sex with out scaring the fish away, my hat is off to you.

3 Likes
9 Likes

“This is about public safety: all that hot steamy sex might melt the ice and send people to a watery grave!”

4 Likes

In context…

Ice fishing → prostitution
fishing (w/o ice) → prostitution
Deer hunting → prostitution
Duck hunting → prostitution
Cutting the grass → prostitution
Getting up in the morning → prostitution
etc. etc. etc.

8 Likes

It_All_Makes_Sense_Now

18 Likes

some hobbies don’t combine well

flagpole tongue

11 Likes

I do love that show. Superficially a fishing show, but not really a fishing show. More like This is Spinal Tap crossed with a fishing show.

7 Likes

giphy (18)

10 Likes

He reads NPR ONE TIME…

13 Likes

Nah, it’s still the summer party island. For instance, it’s a very popular place to take your bachelor/bachelorette party for a weekend of drunken debauchery.

If you want more of a family atmosphere, you go to the nearby Kelly’s Island.

7 Likes

Hudson is a town that has a 400+ page zoning law. Back in in last century, they used to limit the color of paint you could paint your house, and they still have an approved landscaping plant list. It’s like having an entire town council as an HOA.

13 Likes

That sounds bloody awful. How the hell do they get away with infantilizing property owners like that? (And a HOA encompassing a whole town? Nightmare fuel!)

17 Likes

You know, I’ve been ice fishing my whole life, and never once have I encountered a prostitute. Obviously, I’m doing something wrong - I thought the point was to relax and catch fish …

8 Likes

A friend in college grew up in Hudson, though her family moved there from WV. The neighbors made a big deal about how they had colored lights on their house during the holidays, and the rest of the area was just doing white lights (some icicle style, if you wanted to be fancy.) Her father, bless the man, agreed. He took them off the house, put them on his truck, and parked it in the front yard.

19 Likes

:notes:To be fair :notes:, back in the day ice fishing is something that had a reputation for being an excuse to go hang out away from the family and drink booze and look at nudie mags, I could see how someone would associate it with vice but yikes, dude whatever you’re smokin’ is giving you a bum trip.

2 Likes

I pondered over this for a minute. I assume that they have to move the shanties off the lake and store them on-shore somewhere during the warmer seasons. Maybe prostitutes make use of the shanties then?

2 Likes

I’ve hooked plenty. But in order to be able to hook anything, first I had to master baiting.

9 Likes