Ohio mayor: allowing people to go fishing on frozen lakes will lead to prostitution

Reporter: You seem to talk from experience. Would you care to elaborate on how you know this?

Mayor Craig Shubert: …

9 Likes

Bah, he’s just saying stupid things to improve his GQP street cred.

4 Likes

Craig Shubert clearly puts a lot of time and effort into figuring out where prostitutes might be found working.

7 Likes

Damn, I don’t know what he does while ice fishing, but I always got the impression it was a bunch of people standing in a shack getting sloshed and trying not to die of hypothermia.

9 Likes

Only the successful ones. The unsuccessful ones are just swingers.

Fish Fishing GIF by Archives of Ontario | Archives publiques de l'Ontario

7 Likes

Obviously he has had a lot of gratifying, personal experiences with these ice shanties than is generally known!

2 Likes

If the ice hut is rockin
Don’t you be knockin!

5 Likes

Well … kind of. I mean, I can at least follow the chain of logic for associating SUVs and drunk driving (and Waffle House to obesity), but I’m having difficulty with the tenuous link between ice fishing and prostitution. I read the statement and I’m still having trouble with it. The video of him saying it was even more baffling, as I’m quite unsure of why no one challenged him on it. Are they just that used to these idiotic babblings, so nod along as if it’s normal?

5 Likes

He was a reporter in the past, and they had a story about ice shacks being used for prostitution. So now, of course, ALL ice shacks are brothels to him. He can’t conceive they might be used for, you know… ice fishing.

Thus I stand by stating that, since one drunk driver was once caught in an SUV, we must of course ban all SUV’s because drunk drivers use them. There will be no drunk driving without them, you see. Just as he will end prostitution by removing (checks notes again) “ice shacks, apparently, who the hell knows, these folks are all fucking dumb as rocks.”

9 Likes

I’m going to guess they also had a list of approved colors for the inhabitants of your house as well, although that one may not have been written down.

16 Likes

Band name!

14 Likes

Don’t be clownin’
Or soon you’ll be drownin’!

6 Likes

They better be from Minnesota, it so rarely gets below zero in Ohio.

6 Likes

From Google Earth, it looks like they barely even have any lakes…

5 Likes

Lame. Obviously, Minnesota has lakes to spare. If i were to be honest, Michigan has a surplus, But I’ll be damned if Ohio gets any.

5 Likes

Well for sure if there’s prostitution the police chief will be involved, that goes without saying.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure it goes:

1. Ice Fishing
  2. ???
  3. Prostitution
  4. Profit!
8 Likes

Well, you know, there’s those long empty periods between catching a fish that need filling with something else to do…

2 Likes

Currently playing at The Dublin Castle, tickets £6, £5 concessions. :grin:

3 Likes

It does, but so rarely that everybody loses their shit when it happens.

Just the one big one at the top. When i was living there, the closest decent sized lake to me was Kentucky Lake, in Tennessee.

2 Likes