Ohio Republican "Mean Jean" Schmidt implores women to see the opportunity rape provides them

Dear Fuckhead Jean Schmidt;

Sincerely, Melz,

a former Ohio resident

42 Likes

Not to mention all the various forms of damage done to the body by pregnancy and childbirth (leaving their own scars which, of course, are preventable by not being forced to give birth). I always think that if there were honest discussions about childbirth and its consequences, the birth rate would plummet and we wouldn’t even be having discussions about whether abortion should be legal or not. Instead most women get caught by surprise.

17 Likes

Edit/delete: Maybe too harsh a comment.

2 Likes

She can use a slap upside the head.

2 Likes

“She.” That’s why I had to edit my comment out.

But you are right. A good slap upside the head.

3 Likes

Corrected.

3 Likes

season 7 middle finger GIF

15 Likes

s reactions share GIF

Well said, @papasan!

16 Likes

Voltaire

Fuck off and die, schmidt.

22 Likes

Блят!

(It’s far more offensive than it’s literal translation.)

2 Likes

It’s almost as if once you’ve decided on a horrible position, sticking to that horrible position makes you say increasingly stupid, horrible things.

Up next: “Getting raped was all part of God’s plan for you.”

10 Likes

I know women who are rape survivors who say exactly that. By thinking that god had a plan whereby that experience would lead them to something good they were able to ignore all of the trauma of being raped.

last decade:

7 Likes

But wait, I thought that according to other Republican scholars, if it’s “legitimate rape” then “the female body has ways to try to shut that thing down”.

So what exactly is God’s plan here? Does He want women to conceive as a result of rape, or not? If the female body “shuts that thing down”, is it obstructing or fulfilling God’s plan? Why was Jesus, who surely had insider information on the topic, so maddeningly silent on the question of just how wonderful rape is for women? (*)

(*) The correct answer to this last question, of course, is that Jesus didn’t see the need to take a definite position on the subject because he knew that Republican politicians would be along in a couple of millennia to clarify God’s intentions for us all.

11 Likes

That’s fine to believe that for one’s self - whatever an individual needs to deal with their trauma is just fine.

However, it’s not cool to impose that on others, which is what she’s suggesting here. Not everyone believes in god or handles trauma in the same way.

In other words, she needs to fuck off and stop talking for any other women.

23 Likes

What the fuck is wrong with those people.

13 Likes

im better star trek GIF

17 Likes

I hope she’s evicted from the Northeast, HOA by HOA. Let her rent crash spaces or ferry rocks for a rest place at work.

9 Likes

So, when do we see them introduce “bible inspired” legislation requiring unmarried rape victims to marry their rapist if he so chooses it? Or at least pay her father an indemnity since she is now “spoiled goods”.

2 Likes

We’ll have a firmer timeline for you after the midterms…

10 Likes