Oktoberfest waitress carries 13 beer mugs without a tray and makes it look easy (video)

Originally published at: Oktoberfest waitress carries 13 beer mugs without a tray and makes it look easy (video) | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Particulaly impressive because those cut glass steins are heavy on their own, and hold a full liter of beer.

Though that top one looks like a short pour. I might ask where the other half of my beer was, if she couldn’t tie me into a pretzel one-handed.

18 Likes

Yeah, so she’s carrying 13kg (give or take) of liquid plus whatever the glasses weigh? How much do each of those weigh by chance?

8 Likes

Amazon says the weight of an official HB stein is 3.2 lbs. Sounds about right to me.

9 Likes

Approximate 40 pounds total.

1 liter of fluid = 2.205 pounds
1 glass stein = 1 pound

12 Likes

Around 18Kg then, that is non-trivial.

10 Likes

The 1 l steins are more than one pound, for certain. From what I can tell, 3 to 4 lbs. so it should be about 45 lbs for the steins alone. :flushed:

6 Likes

Yeah, so i guess it’s more like 31Kg all told.

4 Likes

not all heroes wear capes

17 Likes

Meanwhile

beer GIF

20 Likes

She brought mine, what’s everyone else drinking?

14 Likes

1997 Oktoberfest glass. 1341g (1.341 kg)

And in American units, 2lbs 15.2 oz

By comparison:

ETA: no math gud

22 Likes

I can’t really get behind subjecting workers to repetitive stress positions as a novelty. I can definitely get behind the convenience of just saying “13 beers please” like in the movies, instead of the American way where everyone orders a different beer from dozens available.

3 Likes

Marry Me! /s

2 Likes

Impressive!

3 Likes

I’m glad you asked. :slight_smile:
I have one and put it on my kitchen scale.
1300 grams or 2lb 14oz.

Man, can you imagine?

5 Likes

I have two glass steins mainly because I have cats. They’re the only beverage glasses I’ve owned that the cats couldn’t knock over.

Cat Fuck You GIF by nog

Cats are also the reason I use a small glass pipe instead of a bong. :man_shrugging:

17 Likes

40 pounds. We’ve all seen smallish people hefting chonker cats, seemingly without any problem.

New material handling reference: Chonker Lift

5 Likes

They invented V-2 rockets. So where are the serving carts?

4 Likes

Busy being used carrying V2 rocket parts of course!

8 Likes