Old Paul Ryan gaffe goes viral: "We're not going to give up on destroying the health care system"

I prefer the term TP Housecat

10 Likes

haha !! sometimes a cigar is really a cigar , and sometimes a freudian slip is really a freudian slip - - - ooh , i am about 10 minutes late , eh ??

4 Likes

Thank you fear, voter ID and gerrymandering.

:cry:

6 Likes

You seem to know a lot about Ms. Rand’s books. Have you read them all?

1 Like

I got part way through Atlas Shrugged, then Enkita Shrugged. But I did check her bio, long ago, hence the references to Chekhov and welfare.

23 Likes

I don’t know how anyone with half a brain and 5% of a heart can read anything more than a book of hers. I read the Fountainhead years ago with an open mind (based on a recommendation from a friend), but struggled to finish it based on the implausibility of the characters and the idiocy of the premise. I did finish it, though I do not feel smarter or wiser for having done so.

17 Likes

11.wav (Appreciative Riotous Laughter)

6 Likes

That’s the canonical example of a Frydian slip.

4 Likes

It’s not a gaffe when the deeds fit the words.

3 Likes

Exactly.

If a woman is automatically “a whore” for even considering a sexual proposition, then by default, any man making the proposition is a “trick.”

18 Likes

And nothing has changed. Spicer still wishes he was on the golf course like trump but still has to work - must be nice being President.

10 Likes

A Freudian Slip: when you mean to say one thing but instead you say your mother.

9 Likes

I think that the Ayn Rand Institute being a 501©(3) public charity tells me what I need to know.

9 Likes

Look at it this way, with your knowledge of the book you are well-equipped to combat Objectivist arguments.

1 Like

They should have smoked it instead.

1 Like
16 Likes

Never give up hope

2 Likes

22 Likes

I could have done this with a rudimentary knowledge of economics, sociology, and a quick scan of the major Objectivist talking points from wikipedia.

2 Likes

Who the fuck has TWO copies of Anthem? That’s not even one of her better books! That person needs help.

4 Likes