On Trump and totalitarianism

I think, in terms of capturing the national sentiment, Asterix is the most French of cartoons. (Although I might think that because most of my French friends are Bretons, which is basically the Cornwall of France).

3 Likes

Italy has the largest pool of Disney comic authors on the planet, driven almost entirely by the uber-popular Donald Duck franchise: “rich & cunning guy with a sweet heart, swimming in money and constantly defending his loot + inept and unlucky guy surviving on the poverty line thanks to his smart kids”. A number of characters in that franchise were actually created in Italy first.

Make of this what you will.

1 Like

We have basic finns in the fucking cabinet, there’s massive massive unemployment and cabinet is trying to make it worse. Everything is going to shit.

When I lived in E. Yorks. in the 80s, a call to go to war with Iceland would have enticed a large number of my neighbors to volunteer for service overnight.

I would hope that had the EU been involved back in the 70s they would have tried to broker a solution that didn’t involve millions of people suddenly losing their livelihoods and several cities losing their only major industry.

Barbapapa?

6 Likes

I see there’s no room for Jack or Baba Yaga or dogs with eyes the size of saucers…maybe they could form their own Sealand?

Mon Dieu, j’ai adoré la Barbapapa famille.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.