One architect's vision of the Donald J. Trump Presidential Library

The industry side and government side are really becoming one and the same, and our choice about what we tell them and what we hold back is increasingly limited (especially if one isn’t tech savvy). My preferred approach is polluting my data, but it would still take an AI’s processing power to keep up with all the pings on me.

And yes, I was talking about the grifter-in-chief with his long history of bait-and-switch scams. Although some have said that people betting on Palantir are marks, since the company’s strength vis-a-vis competitors isn’t underlying tech and algorithms but rather a better UI/UX and the ability to suck up to and bribe right-wing executive branch regimes.

4 Likes

“The misfortune of that area is that nothing ever succeeds there… Obviously, we were unable to afford anything better than a cardboard imitation, a photo-montage cut from last year’s mouldering newspapers.” (Bruno Schulz – “Street of Crocodiles”)

Thank you, Quay Brothers!

1 Like

“…with a reflecting pool that looks out towards the Alt-Right Auditorium, which features weekly screenings of Birth of a Nation and other films.”

Don’t forget, Kids Day is every Saturday and “Song of the South” starts promptly at 14:88 in the Alt-Right Auditorium!

4 Likes

Whatever it ends up being, it will only be yet another Trump entity to wash money through.

1 Like

He could sublet space in the “Ark Encounter”. Same demographic. Jared could handle the lease negotiations.

Ark Encounter is a Christian religious and creationist theme park that opened in Grant County, Kentucky in 2016. The centerpiece of the park is a large representation of Noah’s Ark based on the Genesis flood narrative contained in the Bible. It is 510 feet long, 85 feet wide, and 51 feet high.

3 Likes

Okay, okay maybe that happens if you get very very berry lost trying to avoid the range with your drooping stock. (I so want there to be a sleight-of-hand operator robot that lets you in there armed to the teeth on busy days and convinces you you never lost any arms for a moment. How many utter sandbags would I have to have in there to guarantee performance?) [awkward copyleft moment looms]

3 Likes

Which brings up an interesting point. Even Nixon’s library/museum had to face the reality of Watergate, his resignation, his corruption.

But Trump’s won’t have to face reality, depending on where he situates his library. If he chooses a “loyal” evangelical institution (Liberty, Bob Jones, et al), it’s going to be an entirely potemkin structure. We all know its going to say TRUMP in huge letters, right? We all know it’s going to be gold. We all know it’s going to have a user-interactive wing dedicated to Twitter, with tweets uncritically flying by on a huge screen. Large parts of this architect’s vision are not satire.

2 Likes

I think that the best location for the Trump Memorial Library would be the campus of Prager University.

If the Ark thing doesn’t work out he can always donate his presidential papers to Trump University for archiving.

1 Like

No golf course? How about the food court?

1 Like

If this design proves untenable, I humbly submit one of my own:

1 Like

I found another artist’s vision:

3 Likes

Can you check out materials without owning the libcard?

3 Likes

Don’t change color, kitty.
Keep your color, kitty.
Stay that pretty gray.
Keep your color, kitty.
Keep sickness away.
Keep your color, kitty.
Please, 'cause if you do,
or glow your luminescent eyes
we’re all gonna have to move.

:slight_smile:

Footnote 1 Expert Judgment on Markers to Deter Inadvertent Human Intrusion into the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant is also worth reading

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.