One Million Moms, a far-right Christian group, is offended by Hallmark commercial of newlywed women kissing

There are plenty of homophobes who are PoC and right wing Christians.

8 Likes

Pretty much. By doing so, they can bring in people who are not Christian, or at least grift money from them.

16 Likes

Not at all sorry that they’re offended.

20 Likes

tenor-9

19 Likes

One million moms can kiss my queer ass

43 Likes

They wind up supporting blatant white supremacists and policies which directly attack black communities.

7 Likes

They are also known as the Most Holy Order of Saint Benjamins.

22 Likes

Last time I saw this group posted to BB, the membership was less than 1,000, and precious few were women. Like, maybe 2.

29 Likes

As both a straight person and a Christian, I’d very much like for groups like OMM to shut the hell up, and stop both harassing LGBTQ+ people, and making us non-bigoted Christians look awful.

28 Likes

Anything that raises the blood pressure of bigots is a public service.

35 Likes

But you see, as an organization representing The Silent Majority™, you just have to assume that their membership numbers would be just blowing your mind if all their potential members weren’t so cowed by the roaming hordes of gay communists. So, if you think about it, it’s really An Unknowably Large Number of Moms!

20 Likes

I have a few thoughts about where they can cram it.

16 Likes

31 Likes

“One Million Moms”

28 Likes

Lurker Karens!
Lurkarens?

8 Likes

The voice of the majority AND a persecuted minority at the same time. This sort of cognitive dissonance is much easier once you wrap your head around the Trinitarian nature of God. /snark, because most of these people never put that much THOUGHT into their religion when they could just use it to derive great satisfaction from their hatred of teh gay.

17 Likes

Lurkerkarenians?
Wait until you see their manager…

11 Likes

They’re definitely far right. There’s lots of decent Christians who can stomach love too. But hating gay people isn’t a leftist value.

Hating gay people is both condoned in the Bible “they have done something detestable. Their blood is on their hands” and encouraged by the right wing. Don’t think you can just no true Scottsman out of it.

15 Likes

“One Million Overweight Incels” is much closer to the truth, I suspect.

21 Likes

Hmmm I wonder what they use their radios for, or do they just come with the costume?

5 Likes