One Million Moms, a far-right Christian group, is offended by Hallmark commercial of newlywed women kissing

I’m really not buying the “involuntary” part of their name, you know…?

11 Likes

They look like Tactical Traffic Wardens, so maybe calling for more tickets?

13 Likes

I think the open hate against people named Karen here is the real elephant in the room. These people were born that way! There’s not even a religion to justify it.

2 Likes

I doubt they really believe in the teachings of Christ.

Because none of this is political?

22 Likes

In the past I have pointed out that they could pair up and solve the celibacy part of their problems. None of them seem interested though.

24 Likes

Happy to help themselves but never help a brother out…

19 Likes

“How can I explain two women kissing to my children?”

“How can I explain your narrow, hateful attitude to mine?”

41 Likes

I suspect that ‘coming with the costume ‘ is closer to the truth here. Ooh, all that black tactical toughness… unf, unf, unf, argh.

5 Likes

Karenonymous.

2 Likes

One Million Still-Live-With-Their Moms

14 Likes

People who read Chinese and/or Japanese: Captain Incel has a tattoo of a Chinese or Japanese character tattooed on his inner right forearm–what does it say/mean?

ETA: Found it. Captain Incel Whitepride’s cultural appropriation tattoo is the decidely non-Aryan Chinese character for “Loyalty”, indicating his loyalty to bacon cheeseburgers, Doritos, and Mountain Dew.

6 Likes

I can see how they go from house to house: “Sorry to bother you, I’m a mom, and I want to talk to you about our lord and savior Jesus F. Christ.”

5 Likes

The artist said it means “glorious dragon”, but in fact it roughly translates as “wanker with a foul breath”

13 Likes

I believe it is the kanji symbol for “Dumbass”

9 Likes

The tattoo can also be translated to mean “centered heart” or centered mind". I doubt either is true of this posturing chap.
Edit: Chinese and Japanese characters are difficult to translate. They frequently have a cultural subtext that is completely hidden from anyone not raised or immersed in that culture.

8 Likes

Its no fun if you give me the honest translation. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Recently, One Million Moms received concerns about Hallmark airing a commercial from Zola.com in which two lesbians are shown kissing at the end of their wedding ceremony,”

A spokesman said “We watched this video repeatedly, maybe hundreds of times. And yes, it’s definitely two women kissing. I even watched on my iPad, laying on my back, holding the iPad with one hand only, and it’s definitely two women kissing. I’ve compared it to the many other videos I’ve screened of women kissing and doing other things, and this is definitely sort of like those.”

23 Likes

I imagine OMM makes up about 95% of the network’s audience

I don’t. OMM is a very small group, and from what I’ve seen, the Hallmark channel has a far more diverse viewership than I would have expected.

Wow. I don’t mean to be rude, but it’s not often someone says so many wrong things in so short a statement.

First of all, they define themselves as a “conservative” group without even mentioning religion, adopting far right positions.

Second, the white evangelical Protestant movement in the US (which they are a part of, even if they don’t admit it) is defined by its far-right politics, literally having come about only to oppose desegregation. It’s always been a political group more than a religious one - religion is just used to awkwardly justify their right-wing politics, and when the two things come into conflict, they consistently go with the politics every time.

Third, the very idea that one could remove politics from religion seems to not understand what either of those things are.

Yeah, their entire “membership” could comfortably fit in a very small stadium at best. Someone formed a group just to oppose and make fun of them that ended up with many times more members.

They tried to bolster support by saying they were open to all - men and women, parents and childless. Still can’t muster more than a few thousand signatures from anyone, even on their core issues, though. Which is actually kind of weird, as they’re a wing of the AFA, which claims to have a million email list subscribers (that’s where the million comes from). But the lack of support suggests that perhaps most of their “supporters” actually signed up for the email list so they could trolley the group on their surveys.

15 Likes

So by their own admission, men can be Moms too?

16 Likes

The ear-holes in the helmet really make that lower shoop.

8 Likes