One Million Moms, a far-right Christian group, is offended by Hallmark commercial of newlywed women kissing

Oh man. If a scene in a commercial causes this much offense, wait until this happens.

11 Likes

Honestly people, “don we now our gay apparel” has been part of traditional Christmas carols since 1862.

28 Likes

Oh man, if a gay Christmas movie causes even more offense, wait until this happens:

“The Catholic Church has received some criticism for its lack of diversity so it finally admitted Christ was bisexual”.

12 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if he thought he was the centre of the universe, if that counts.

9 Likes

@frauenfelder, you win the internets today! OMG!

4 Likes

Just saw an Amazon commercial featuring a terribly romantic lesbian smooch. Haven’t heard any complaints over that one. Of course, abandoning Amazon would cramp their style too much to contemplate.

13 Likes

I’m starting to feel a little bad for women who, through no fault of their own, are named Karen.

Can we maybe ease off of that particular stereotype name?

But don’t get me started about Siobhan! Am I right?

5 Likes

giphy

4 Likes

I imagine their entire membership can fit in a minivan. But I have a vivid imagination.

9 Likes

Childless men, no less. For an anti-gay, anti-trans organization, they certainly are willing to be inclusive with their definitions when it suits them…

Using the appropriate tools…

7 Likes

Offended. Then they should just pull down their MAGA caps over their eyes.

4 Likes

Boy, the right wingers must be 500,000 times as mad about this One Million Moms group as they were about “Heather Has Two Mommies”.

3 Likes

Wait, are we talking about the online retailer/streaming service or the all-girl warrior tribe?

9 Likes

I’d gladly kiss your queer ass if it’d get the “one million” moms to just go away.

9 Likes

And, can I just add that these sorry excuses for sentient beings are getting angry about an ad that shows gay love in a romantic sense. Can we all just admit that the world needs more love and it doesn’t matter whether it’s two women, two men, a man and a woman, whatever variation of consenting adults that you choose to portray.

I mean it’s not like it’s an ad for that 50 gallon drum of lube and the “sister fister 5000 jackhammer powered adult novelty toy”. (not that that would be anything but funny, but I get why a commercial for that could skeeve some people)

10 Likes

it’s so interesting. basically they are saying, hey look. help us out. we’re terrible at parenting. we can’t teach our kids our “morals” because when they see how messed up our beliefs are they “go to the other side.”

i get that children aren’t completely rationale nor reasonable human beings ( who is ) but if you’re unable to convince your own children, if you’re unable to raise them “right” ( is that a pun? ) maybe you’re doing it wrong

11 Likes

You’re making me blush.

7 Likes

They’re upset because the “cultural brainwashing” of accepting people’s harmless personal features and choices interferes with their own religious brainwashing that’s focused on making children believe happiness is impossible without the church and disease, misery, torment, death and eternal hellfire is all that awaits them outside the loving embrace of the patriarchal structure.

17 Likes

Heh. Real radios have licenses, and there are public databases of those with names and addresses.

However, they might be family radio service toys. No license for those, and the “privacy codes” can be sniffed out with little trouble.

One Million Moms is more likely a few thousand white guys.

3 Likes