Ongoing coronavirus happenings

I wish. Nextdoor’s site really sucks. They break my First Rule of websites: Never Ever Fuck With My Back Button!

15 Likes

Oh, I’ll probably put up an open wifi access point with a good range antenna anyway.

3 Likes

Twitter, as ever, you’re not helping.

(I reported it as “abusive or harmful”, for all the good it’ll do…)

ETA: after reporting and reloading the page, it got somehow worse.

21 Likes

Here’s a “million ventilators” project that needs more volunteers: https://helpwithcovid.com/projects/13

8 Likes

I’ll post it here.
But please understand that I will not be able to disclose any details about our emergency plans.

During the Coronavirus crisis, we all have to “stand together”, as Austria’s Chancellor Sebastian Kurz put it in a press conference last Friday. In a zombie apocalypse, it’s every zombie for themselves.
We have coordinated defensible emergency meeting points with other scout groups in my town, but we can’t risk the guys from the “Katholische Jungschar” youth groups finding out our secrets. (They are a large network of Catholic youth groups that are the traditional ‘enemies’ of the scouts in Austria. Nothing serious, just a decades-long rivalry that both sides make fun of).

11 Likes

The social distancing and quarantine measures are going to take a mental toll as well.

Today, I have started hearing raised voices and slamming doors from my neighbours. Things are not going well over there.

Stay safe everyone.

17 Likes
5 Likes

Holy shit. We just closed the border.

15 Likes

Rio´s Cemetery creates online wake to prevent crowds due to coronavirus. The service is available free of charge for the next 30 days. Other preventive measures were adopted, such as the limitation of ten people per chapel.

12 Likes

The FDA sets the regulations for Big Pharma. BFs’ business model effectively requires getting marketable drugs and treatments out as soon as possible to pay for all the millions and billions spent on research and development. FDA is the drug cop, and BF requires those cops because of this:

https://www.drugwatch.com/featured/clinical-trials-and-hidden-data/

4 Likes

It’s heartening to hear that such things still exist, but depressing that I even noticed.

4 Likes
12 Likes

OK, now I HAVE to know the story of how you got there!!

6 Likes

This is really bringing to the fore one of the true limitations of big organizations in reacting to this. The levels of bureaucracy and meetings and sign-offs that we have to go through to make changes means that pretty much anything, at fastest, happens over the course of a few days. When the situation is literally evolving by the hour, that is no where near fast enough. Nimbleness is just not there.

15 Likes

This is especially worrying in a society where the guns are so prevalent.

10 Likes

Home brew MST3000!

6 Likes

What the Trump admin knows, but…

15 Likes

WTF?!? That was half the fucking reason for the bill in the first place? [screams into void]

14 Likes

I was looking for old soviet health posters for a friend when I saw this twitter. It looks like a local brand of toilet paper. It is so gritty that can be used in a workshop.

14 Likes

Also:

Jesus answered, “It is said: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’

7 Likes