Ongoing coronavirus happenings

7 Likes

I converted it into an animated PNG:

unglove

30 Likes
16 Likes

Have you ever seen them give up any power they are ever given?

7 Likes

No. That was kind of the point.

6 Likes

Good work! :+1:

8 Likes

We were sold long ago. Cattle for the lizard-aliens with no hearts. Their blood circulates only by every cry of humanity suffering.

2 Likes

Faucipalm
faucipalm

23 Likes

Needs to add grocery store clerks.

8 Likes

A distressing potential outcome if people don’t start taking this fucking thing seriously. Though it may well be too late already.

13 Likes

A lot depends on whether you have a splash proof model or not. And whether you have a case.

If no case and regular (non-splash-proof) phone, I would not use IPA or bleach on it directly. I would apply IPA to a wipe and then wipe it down on the high-touch surfaces, while avoiding any of the openings for power, headphone jack, buttons, speaker/microphone.

If you can stand to be away from it for a couple hours, give it one hour in direct sunlight while turned off, then flip it over and give it another hour.

Bear in mind that IPA is used as a solvent to dissolve many plastics and adhesives. Go gently. Just don’t use bleach-based cleaners on most smart phones, as they can etch the glass (!).

11 Likes

What about those intense UV light boxes you stick your phone in?

3 Likes

Those will definitely work to inactivate the virus, with a high enough dose (for those small mercury-lamp-based ones, think 10-15 minutes). However, deep UV light in the 250 nm to 300 nm range can melt some plastics. The research my group has done shows that there are plastics that are very UV compatible (any fluoropolymer, most silicones), mostly compatible (polyurethane, polyimide, polypropylene, PVC, and a few others), and some that are pretty much incompatible at any dose (polystyrene, most acrylics). And without knowing what your phone or case are made of, I can’t recommend using deep UV light for them.

17 Likes

Very on-brand… Cult45 is consistent to say the least:

14 Likes

Tasmania makes a wide assortment of top-notch booze, BTW.

14 Likes

Because clearly closing the borders will stop illegal border crossings :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

So, so upside down.

22 Likes

“Let all the poison that lurks in the mud, hatch out.”

― Robert Graves, I, Claudius

11 Likes

I’m guessing that the hammacher UV deal is based on the same contraption they once sold… used to sanitizer toothbrushes.

Trump WH Covid-19 Impact on US Unemployment Data Management, people. Loveliness abounds.

7 Likes

That image is begging to be cropped 1/3 from the right…

9 Likes