Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Great to see Maggie again!!! Been too long.

6 Likes

The Oz social security net has been massacred over the last few decades.

Local activists have been screaming for years that the government needs to raise the rate; theyā€™re only doing it now because it looks like significant numbers of middle class white people might need to depend upon it.

11 Likes

Sounds like PA has another business to targetā€¦ they already forced GameStop to close by revoking the business license of every franchise in the state.

Turns out, despite GameStopā€™s insistence, ā€œgamingā€ is not a critical retail service. Whoā€™da thunk?

17 Likes
12 Likes

I assumed not because I didnā€™t see any reflection and because his voice wasnā€™t obscured, but I could easily be wrong.

3 Likes

Am seeing a lot of doctors and pharmacists saying this after the Presidentā€™s pronouncement:

Listen to people who have studied these things, not some grasping-at-straws grifter looking to prey on peopleā€™s insecurity. Please.

26 Likes
24 Likes
8 Likes

where i live people are being asked to self isolate, businesses are closed, etc. and yet: parents are still giving their kids money to run to the store where i work for snacks.

iā€™m wishing we could put up pictures of peopleā€™s lungs like they do for cigarettes in some countries.

:pouting_cat:

14 Likes

Boinged:

3 Likes

The article below may contain the first use of this term: ā€œCOVID-19-esqueā€

10 Likes

I wonder how I would fare; I have a deviated septum! May not be a very nos-thrill for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Where I am, because schools are closed parents are taking their kids with them everywhere, which suddenly means stores have groups of three where there used to be one. It makes maintaining a good distance while traversing the aisles that much harder.

The supermarket nearest me is installing plexigrass cashier shields on Monday.

8 Likes
9 Likes
14 Likes

@milliefink has a point. Could you remove the link (transparently)? It has some educational effect to read this shit, but I fear some people might be confused, as it looks slick on a first scroll. I donā€™t want this garbage to spread.

7 Likes

Lying liar lies:

20 Likes

Medium removed the blog for review.
Screen Shot 249

15 Likes
8 Likes

from 2018:

Laurie Penny interview

Howā€™s your con?

Oh, well, Iā€™ve always liked Nine Worlds! I missed last year, but thatā€™s the first year Iā€™ve missed. This year, there have been some fantastic panels ā€“ the Hidden Histories panel was a favourite. But probably my highlight was playing four hours of The Good Society . Itā€™s a Jane Austen based tabletop RPG. And it was really intense.

Who were you?

I played the heiress, the daughter of the lady of the manor. You know, beset by suitors, having to choose the one that was least awful ā€¦ and you canā€™t choose nobody.

Oh my God. What happened?

Well, the misconception is that in Austen novels nothing happens. But imagine if you watched somebody trying to defuse a bomb, and you didnā€™t know what they were doing ā€¦

5 Likes