Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Jinx; an EBMUD crew has been posted up down the block from me for like an hour now.

6 Likes

I hope that they’re being extra careful.

10 Likes

Asbestos concerns amid renovations?

11 Likes

I see from the paper that Finland has just isolated Helsinki from the rest of the country. That’s pretty extreme! I can’t imagine something similar with an American city.

7 Likes

Much as “fuck this dude” applies, expect more of this kind of shit. Makes me glad I am not a renter.

10 Likes

They also were doing a lot of stone work repair after the earthquake a few years ago.

5 Likes

This obscenity came in today’s mail. What the hell is this?!!? That corrupt liar doesn’t recommend any of this. Did the CDC pay for what is blatantly a campaign flyer? I’m not bringing it into my house, will disinfect my washing machine after I either toss it in the recycling bin or set it on fire.

15 Likes

Looks like a pooper scooper to me.

10 Likes

That can’t be from Trump. It doesn’t say “China” or “Wuhan” on it.

13 Likes

29 Likes

I’m sure there’s no need for any oversight or questioning of decisions made right now and it’ll all be just fine…

Yay for MPs keeping themselves safe but you know, I’m a suspicious girl.

18 Likes

and it seems to be missing a colon…

president trump’s coronavirus: guidelines for america.

17 Likes

When, as now seems inevtitable, you end up with one ventilator and two patients who need it to survive, how do you choose, @docosc? Something along the lines of QALYs? Or toss a coin?

Our AOC could drag a few congresscritters from out of their Lux bunkers…

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/politics/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-coronavirus-package-vote/index.html

17 Likes

And a reminder that The Federalist’s funding source is still a mystery.

9 Likes

Fuck

16 Likes
10 Likes

And to a casual observer, he’s not wrong yet.

He’s about to be proven horrifically wrong. But not yet.

1 Like

Assuming you are asking in good faith, you start by taking the bedside doc out of the decision. This is my issue with the guidelines here. It should be straight up survivability, with an objective scoring system to judge liklihood of coming through. This appears to try to make some sort of “social value” judgement. To say, for instance, that a person with Down Syndrome is somehow unworthy of consideration for life saving treatment is inhuman.

35 Likes

Hmm, yes, what a dilemma. :face_vomiting:

5 Likes