Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Ongoing still…

8 Likes

8 Likes

8 Likes

The BBC interviewed somebody yesterday (some health official) who said containment was not a realistic goal and the virus is probably everywhere already and we just haven’t noticed yet

EDIT: It was Adesh Adalja, “Senior Scholar at the Johns Hopkins University Center for Health Security”

9 Likes

Lots of bullshit to watch for.

13 Likes

https://twitter.com/peytnhaag/status/1229622032360493056?s=21

https://twitter.com/cagle36/status/1229658287324483585?s=21

https://twitter.com/karikristiansn/status/1229764910944526341?s=21

Whole lotta people using this as an excuse to give their Sinophobia an airing.

That last one also appears to be a chemtrails & antivax person, BTW.

18 Likes

After looking at other posts by that account I think that you are right about it, but that post would make a perfect parody of misinformation that circulates on Twitter. It has everything - misspelled “coronaviris”, “infused with HIV” :rofl:, “China Biowarfare” is capitalized like a company name and capitalized “Bioweapon” is an icing on the top of bullshit sandwich.

6 Likes

Indeed.

https://medium.com/@nathan.sexten/why-is-a-u-s-senator-repeating-a-coronavirus-conspiracy-theory-5dd7d8e1fba5

8 Likes

Necessity is the mother…

6 Likes

Remember to wash your hands…

10 Likes

“Elsewhere in Asia, other places of worship have also been suspended because of the coronavirus outbreak. In Singapore, at least 21 confirmed cases have been linked to a cluster at the the Grace Assembly of God church, out of the country’s 84 confirmed cases thus far. Another three cases are linked to a separate church, the Life Church and Missions Singapore. Some churches in Hong Kong are delivering their services online.”

10 Likes

It was bound to happen, but still sucks:

9 Likes

Most missed area of the hand: basically the whole hand

4 Likes

This little ditty plays in the bathrooms of a local Northern Neck, Va. burger joint:

It repeats. And repeats… :crazy_face:

7 Likes

“And I hear that it’s infused with fail and stupid.” /widen eyes looking at person. “Oh, I am so, so sorry. Thoughts and prayers!” /pull on mask and back away from them.

3 Likes

Download (30)

17 Likes

Don’t be an Ol’ Dirty Bastard. Wash your hands!

8 Likes
5 Likes

WTF is this? (I can’t get to the article through all the pop-ups, so left guessing.)

1 Like

Here is the content:

THE coronavirus is the hot new viral sensation on everyone’s lips right now. But how can you make it work for you?

Claim your work enemy is a super-spreader

Got a sociable colleague you detest? Smear them as a super-spreader, and watch as someone who’s been getting the best freebies for years by snidely saying ‘I’m not sure Janine is strategic enough’ become increasingly bewildered as people don masks and sit far away from him.

Overrule takeaway orders

Stop your partner ordering Chinese every takeaway night by raising vague suspicions. When asked what food prepared in Kiddiminster has to do with a virus in China, simply make something up about imported prawns carrying the virus dormant within their frozen bodies, you know, like the mammoth in TV drama Fortitude.

Get out of a work conference

You really feel it’s best you don’t attend the 2020 data retention conference just outside Utrecht now, what with everything. What if you sit near a Malaysian man and he breathes on you and you’re off for six weeks then sue work? Not worth the risk.

Finally see China

An overseas trip at a bargain-bucket price without the usual tourist crowds? Seven-star luxury and no queue to see the Terracotta Army? Just try not to notice the face masks, overflowing hospitals or palpable air of panic.

Sorely-needed me time?

Claim you’re just back from China, even if you’re not. Get into bed with a family bag of Kettle Chips and explain that you are self-isolating. Request that all meals are left outside your door on a tray. Repeat for six weeks.

All really good!

3 Likes