Ongoing coronavirus happenings

14 Likes

24 day incubation period plus at least 2 days of asymptomatic carrier state prior to onset of symptoms. Fun stuff. That 14 day quarantine is looking fairly useless.

13 Likes

Time to go really old school - 40 days?

5 Likes

With the asymptomatic carrier state, quarantine is pretty much useless. Unless you 're going try to track all the contacts over the last 48 hours and quarantine them as well. We are past “containment” and on to “mitigation.”

ETA: and tnen there is this, of course.

13 Likes

tenor (25)

13 Likes

Odds Il Douche is seeing this and going “Yeah, that sounds right!”

In fairness, I took my daughter to the hospital last week for blood work and noticed an asian-appearing family with a clearly ill member walk in. Yes, my hackles rose a bit, I confess.

8 Likes

RTS32F8K

A hand held temp gun designed to look a lot less like an actual gun.

14 Likes

Ah, simplest way to rig them: Set the definition of epidemic so that they never pay out.

4 Likes

Meanwhile:

5 Likes

Ouch!

It will pop back up of course but, damn! Virus outbreak has consequences.

7 Likes

Iran, 12 deaths and 47 cases? No, 12 deaths should indicate >500 cases based on what has been seen elsewhere. Italy’s numbers are more or less consistent with China’s.

11 Likes

The guy on the ground says 50 deaths. Government refuses to acknowledge. They learned nothing from China?

8 Likes

until it doesn’t

we’re overdue for a recession anyway

8 Likes

Agreed but, If I didn’t know better it seems as if the market is being manipulated (more than usual)

Could this be what kicks it off? Who knows?

eta:

4 Likes

Thread:

14 Likes

that’s off brand for his side, he’s supposed to be warning us about dirty foreigners with diseases

5 Likes

If you think he looks familiar…

7 Likes
8 Likes
11 Likes

unlike here where… oh, right. Fuck.

16 Likes