Ongoing coronavirus happenings

It’s like that person was entirely made of privilege and entitlement of such density that it became physical matter.
Throwing a tantrum like that over something so banal is disgusting. Threatening to commit mass shooting should be persecuted like a terrorist threat (that’s IMO what it is).

24 Likes

Large-ish protest in Oswego, IL today. Probably 100 persons in my estimate, flapping their snek flags. Kids waving handmade banners. Not a mask among them.

But I had to remind myself that the thousands of people who are being sensible just arent as raucous or visible.

22 Likes

And if he wasn’t White and male, I’m sure that it would be.

21 Likes

jw6kF41

12 Likes

With luck he won’t be able to afford Whole Foods from here on out, but I expect that there’s a radio station or national security contractor happy to hire him.

The whole thrust of this article is trying to sew doubt on his statement, despite the fact that if he had told them they would (back when there was an illusion of journalistic principle) not publish it and would preface their article with boilerplate about why they weren’t publishing it.

7 Likes

No-one in the “liberal media” is going to, save the odd blogger or cartoonist.

MATT WUERKER

Seen on this blog, which I discovered recently and am enjoying. I’m generally not a fan of political cartoons: they’re almost never “funny”, outside of the “Hur hur! Trump r dum!” thing, and even less likely to be funny. But a curated collection of the best of the day/week make good illustrations for a blog.

19 Likes

On a related theme:

At the start of the pandemic, the remote Indigenous community that my brother lives in (he’s the vice-principal of the school) secured their community by dragging a bunch of car-sized boulders onto the access road.

The authorities are cool with it, and the boulders will remain there until the crisis is over.

24 Likes

Oops, darn it, should have been the political fall out from covid thread. Sorry!

27 Likes

Meal Team Six :joy::joy::joy:

21 Likes

Must not spit in customers’ sandwiches…Must not spit in customers’ sandwiches…Must not spit in customers’ sandwiches…

24 Likes

The world has now hit 4 million reported infections:

What’s interesting is how linear the overall trend in case growth is . To get fro 1 million to 2 million, 2 million to 3 million and 3 million to 4 million, all took around 13 days.

Given that the virus would grow exponentially in the absence of mitigating measures, this relentless linear growth is vaguely positive.

12 Likes

“Would you like the special sauce, sir?”

13 Likes

Spit Fresh ™

13 Likes

A used AT-4 and a wooden 50-cal. I guess these guys shoot blanks.

ETA: and by shooting blanks, I refer both to their dummy weapons and their lack of testicular fortitude.

And by testicular fortitude, I refer both to their low sperm count and their gutless behavior

14 Likes

Should we call this Cov-Play or Toast Recon?

10 Likes

It’d be nice to learn more about this before sending kids back to school.

16 Likes

It looks like a videogame…

5 Likes

It kind of is, but you only get one go.

6 Likes

I want a go.

All my video games involve mowing down legions of moronic Nazis and soulless sadistic mercenaries. Checks out.

5 Likes

I’m not so sure I do…

4 Likes