Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Well, pandas eat the shoots, and we know what gun control laws in Canada are like, eh? :wink:

5 Likes

Eats, shoots and leaves? I have heard that about them.

10 Likes

Pretty sure it will grow in Canada as well…

home-design

8 Likes

No idea where I saw it—it was some time ago—but, something to the effect that driving while angry is as dangerous as driving while drunk.

Sorry I can’t cite a source or statistics, but it’s a sobering (ha!) thought, isn’t it?

(Also, sorry that’s a bit offtopic from coronavirus…though it does relate in that plenty of people seem to be on edge these days…)

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s banned in a lot of towns here. Too many let it grow out of control, and it’s expensive to remove.

5 Likes

It might be more a case of logistics (not having the people on hand to be able to grow and harvest bamboo, because the zoo isn’t open and operating, generating income to be able to afford to grow said bamboo).

9 Likes

EX6kP2rXQAcskyn

13 Likes

Honestly, at this point this is just straight up genocide.

19 Likes

“We ought to have a little bit of humility in our belief that we know what’s best for the economy,” he [Rand Paul] told Fauci.

Paul told Fauci, “We can listen to your advice, but there are people on the other side saying there’s not going to be a surge and that we can safely open the economy and the facts will bear this out.”

That POS Rand Paul should shush…

randpaul-shush

God, I hate that man. I feel sorry for Kentucky for having two absolute ghouls for their senators.

25 Likes

A dead mall staple is in trouble

7 Likes

They should have transitioned to bleach.

2 Likes

First step in testing is to be sure you have a reliable test. For something like COVID, a false positive (you quarantine for no reason) might be better than a false negative where you spread to who knows how many people.

22 Likes
10 Likes

For Tucsonians:
http://www.casavideo.com/blog/view/id/214

Casa Video Reopening

Date: 05/04/2020
Author: Casa Managers
Casa Video will be open (with restrictions) starting Friday, May 8th.
We will continue to observe strict guidelines to keep our staff, and customers safe.

2 Likes

I figured there was no way 45 & crew are all having q-tips shoved up their noses every single day.

10 Likes

Remember when it was news that the virus could be detected from sewage in a city before the first case was reported?

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00973-x

Well… the shit out of the WH, unlike normal fecal matter*, seems to be spreading SARS-CoV-2 wide and far.

*Please note that to the best of my knowledge detection is possible from shit, but infectiosity is likely low. But don’t spread your shit, anyway. Wash your hands. :handshake:

8 Likes

When 45 heard they were getting swabbed he probably unzipped and dropped his drawers because that’s the kind of swab he’s used to.

DOCTOR: “What the - Mr. President, this is a nasal swab. In the nose.”
TRUMP: “In the nose? OK. Yeah. I knew that.”

13 Likes

Ohio Employers Can Now Report Workers Who Refuse To Return For Reopening

18 Likes

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/raging-against-mere-life-the-federalist-has-declared-war-on-public-health-orders

I expect the White House Plague is largely fecal-to-nasal transmission.

15 Likes

Their question sounds like a dare. Like the last thing I’d do around someone not wearing a mask is to allow them to talk at me while not wearing a mask.

9 Likes