Ongoing coronavirus happenings

14 Likes
13 Likes

Sssshhhhh! Don’t tell anyone!

7 Likes

If you need food, Frontera is your best bet. But if you’re a sausage and beer kind of guy, then the Berghoff Cafe instead.

7 Likes

Anyone using it as a codpiece?

12 Likes

At a convenience store in RI, I saw a guy wearing a mask with a hole cut in it for his cigarette.

26 Likes

giphy-16

Although that’s a lot of face touching so should be frowned upon.

21 Likes

Good news, but I hate the fact that it’s left up to individual corporations to make the decisions that will help the public, rather than starting with a committed, targeted, federal response.

17 Likes

Tiered levels of infection notification is so on brand.

4 Likes

As a construction equipment aficionado, I’m fully on board with this.

8 Likes
19 Likes

JFC.

15 Likes

This is the image shown up there, available in Wikipedia:

The important point is that slowing the spread saves lives. Going on with our normal life and social interactions can overwhelm the medical system. Wash your hands, increase social distancing, stay at home, telecommute, avoid traveling.

The following plot clearly shows that the situation is out of control outside of China. We are not taking this seriously enough:

There is something that we can do to save lives: we can do our best to slow the spread down.

19 Likes
19 Likes

What period of time, she asks? That’s damn vague advice.

6 Likes
10 Likes

CDC advice seems intentionally vague and I suspect political considerations are taking priority over clear advice. The response has been to give accurate but fuzzy advice and hope we can read between the lines. Stupid fucking timeline.

13 Likes

I’ll stock up of the necessities.

11 Likes

“Avoid nonessential long plane trips.” That would be easier if the airlines cooperated. I have a transoceanic trip scheduled for a couple of weeks from now for a research collaboration, I would happily cancel it except I’ve already bought the ticket, and if I don’t go I have to eat the cost (if I go a grant covers it).

5 Likes

Contact them - many of them are being more accommodating than usual.

Fully refundable tickets going forward for me.

10 Likes