Ongoing coronavirus happenings

I probably will at some point, but since neither my current location nor the destination are especially high-outbreak areas I don’t expect much satisfaction.

Fully refundable tickets going forward for me.

Not an option when you are traveling on someone else’s nickel.

2 Likes

While it looks silly (for extra silliness go for the version with the hose), it would be effective, even with expired filter (some old filters contain asbestos though). It would also prevent touching one’s face :slight_smile:

One important thing is that such mask cannot be used with NATO 40mm filters - the thread pitch is slightly different (4mm instead of 1/7"), so it can look like filter is attached properly, but in fact the seal isn’t airtight. There are also 5 different sizes and incorrect size won’t be effective.
And on the topic of touching face, Weird Al Yankovic made a new video (it’s weird):

12 Likes

Still an asshole, but maybe real, in-your-face facts are getting harder to deny?

11 Likes

Just make sure you don’t have one with the old Russian asbestos filters.

4 Likes
3 Likes

"The final draft of the report remains classified but the two officials who have read it say it contains warnings similar to those in the last installment, which was published on January 29, 2019. The 2019 report warns on page 29 that, “The United States will remain vulnerable to the next flu pandemic or large-scale outbreak of a contagious disease that could lead to massive rates of death and disability, severely affect the world economy, strain international resources, and increase calls on the United States for support.”

Warnings ignored.

15 Likes

Shocked - not shocked. This administration views absolutely everything from a “Does this help me” lens. This does not, hence kibosh.

12 Likes

Spring Break 2020 will be one for the ages

16 Likes

A day (or a few weeks) late and a dollar short. This all comes way too late to have much of an impact, but good for these guys finally taking it seriously.

17 Likes

Yeah. Yet.

Well, spring break is still coming up (soon) on most campuses. The impending return of people who scatter across the globe should especially be a reason to go online with all courses.

“Should”…

9 Likes
19 Likes

Wow, can you imagine if this was proposed here? :dizzy_face: :exploding_head:

23 Likes

Maybe if the US was the size of say Texas…

Yeah, not gonna happen here.

4 Likes

Sure. But only to commercial real estate .

7 Likes

Philladelphia proper has its first case.

5 Likes

(note those quotes from that 2014 Fox News interview: JFC)

19 Likes

[Unsurprised Headdesk]

14 Likes

One problem that Britain isn’t facing up to - thanks to the government, we have 3.8 million children in poverty and dependent on free school meals for basic nutrition - how are we going to follow Italy and close all schools without promoting a famine?

14 Likes

It’s ok, our beloved leader says so. A few extra deaths won’t hurt. And children going hungry for three weeks won’t die anyway. What are you fussing about you traitor you.

4 Likes