Ongoing Trump raids

12 Likes

Where oh where will they find a special master with the security clearance for this?

13 Likes

26 Likes

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

7 Likes

He already has a Special Master: Putin.

Hey, if they’re saying the quiet parts out loud, we should too.

21 Likes

homefill

6 Likes

… All of which might under normal circumstances tempt our contrarian hearts to try to defend the opinion.
But Cannon’s opinion actually defies defense. It is an epic mess, one that manages to do violence to a remarkable number of distinct areas of law in an admirable economy of only 24 pages.

16 Likes
8 Likes

For the fix to be in, it must be saved.

6 Likes

(excerpt) [Pope Stephen VI] was strangled in prison in July or August 897

July or August. Given the unwelcome protracted appearance of Formosus’ corpse, perhaps justice required that Stephen be continuously strangled during both months. :wink:

5 Likes
13 Likes

on air ugh GIF by Elvis Duran Show

14 Likes

What she’s saying: “The Court does not find it appropriate to accept the Government’s conclusions on these important and disputed issues without further review by a neutral third party in an expedited and orderly fashion,” Cannon, a Trump appointee, wrote in the ruling.

There should be a “neutral third party” adjudicating this issue, not a fucking Trump appointee.

23 Likes

FWIW

14 Likes

I Mean Come On GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

12 Likes

The judge’s ruling to require a Special Master was bullshit, and the fact that she picked one from Trump’s list of suggestions is very concerning.

There are several articles out right now where people describe this guy as being ethical and fair, which I certainly hope is the case, but I doubt that Trump’s team would have suggested the guy in the first place if they didn’t think he would be favorable to them.

15 Likes

Although Trump’s people picked him, DoJ said they were fine with him. At that point, it was pretty much a done deal. Hopefully he will keep an objective viewpoint, despite his “seal of Trump approval.”

15 Likes

I’m just reminded of all the people who vouched for the record and professionalism of Bill Barr before he was confirmed for AG. A few Democrats even voted for him. It didn’t take very long before pundits started writing pieces like this one, admitting that they were wrong:

Regardless of their prior reputation, if Trump chooses someone he does so because he fully expects that person to support him. And far too often we’ve seen that these people are fully willing to forever trash their reputations to do so.

At least in this case the guy won’t technically be working directly for Trump, so that’s something, I guess.

18 Likes

good point. we may never see the dossiers the russians have on these sorts of people

( i don’t know i truly believe that’s the way it works. but it wouldn’t necessarily surprise me either )

9 Likes

The author of this book

was the guest on this podcast.

He discussed how an “establishment” Law Firm, “Jones Day” backed Trump as a means of further entrenching the political power of their traditional climate base - tobacco companies, petroleum companies, etc. A lawyerly reputation for fairness and ethics might be based on something real, or it may be a thin veneer, carefully maintained for appearance’s sake. Where does Dearle fall?

7 Likes