Ongoing Trump raids

Just to confirm the fears of many a poster in the entire above thread…

10 Likes
30 Likes

Trump’s fatal mistake here seems to be that Dearie actually takes the job of special master seriously, instead of trying to ensure Donald Trump faces no consequences for his crimes.

17 Likes

20 Likes
8 Likes

they will attempt to adjudicate every single step of this “special master” process – i don’t think they are scrambling so much as they plan to make this as slow and painful as possible. drag it out long enough, steal a few elections, the problem evaporates completely.

14 Likes

Can Cannon overrule Dearie? Would she look like a fool for doing so? Would this dissuade her?

3 Likes

Dearie set an accelerated deadline of October 7, which TFG is complaining about. Assuming TFG is not successful delaying that deadline Dearie will issue findings and a recommendation, and either party can object. Cannon has made clear she doesn’t care how much of a fool the libruls think she is, and she will most certainly sit on any objections until after the midterm elections. Judges are typically deferential to master findings (it gives them some cover from having to make difficult decisions on their own) but I guarantee Cannon will reject any findings unfavorable to TFG.

I know DOJ appealed the rulings as to classified documents but I hope they also appealed the entire ruling since Cannon has no jurisdiction and this entire proceeding has been a farce.

16 Likes

/S

17 Likes

Just saw the amicus brief filed Friday by one of the groups that was roundly ignored by Cannon. Now, writing for the Eleventh Circuit, they can take the gloves off a bit and describe how Cannon abdicated her basic duties as a judge. I believe it was filed in the context of the DOJ’s limited appeal dealing with only the classified documents, but it ends up savaging Cannon’s entire “reasoning.” It’s worth a read:

One of my favorite quotes, near the conclusion:

In a final section called “Relevant Principles,” the court asserted that “the principles of equity require” it to consider “the position formerly held by Plaintiff.” The court did not explain what that statement meant, but whatever the court intended to imply, the assertion is wrong.

“Principles of equity” require that citizens be treated equally under the law.
The district court’s analysis, which gave greater weight to the reputation of a
former President than to the reputation of any other citizen, and greater weight to that personal reputation than to national security concerns, is fundamentally inconsistent with the basic tenets of U.S. law. Under the court’s reasoning, its analysis would be different if the plaintiff were not the former President but a school teacher, police officer, or veteran who had taken classified information from a U.S. government facility and stored it in their home.

21 Likes

That’s not satire, that’s an accurate prediction.

12 Likes

Indictment? The corporate death penalty for the Trump Org?

18 Likes

Donald Trump Eating GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

20 Likes

I’m pretty tired of popcorn by this point. Can I bring peanuts? Or just some gum?

Chewing Gum Reaction GIF

18 Likes

On the trump docket

a rambling 184 page document seeking to indict the government for crimes of genocide.

It appears to have been denied without comment.

10 Likes

Maybe they’ll just collect all those back taxes he avoided, plus interest & penalties.

He’ll have to get by on his government pension & move back to Queens.

10 Likes

Not because she disagrees with any of it. They just didn’t capitalize the name of the court in the caption. /s

6 Likes

This are pretty tasty:

11 Likes

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

5 Likes

There’s one way to find out.

ETA:
Paging Raymond Dearie… Judge Dearie, please pick up the red-hot courtesy phone…

10 Likes