Ongoing Trump raids

Trump has some pretty off-the-wall lawyers, but I wonder which ones will be willing to stick their foot in that bear trap?

11 Likes

At least one of his lawyers seems to have stepped in something pretty unpleasant during the course of this investigation because it seems that one of them signed a document in June swearing up and down that all classified documents had already been returned.

Granted, itā€™s not like any lawyer would be able to stop Trump from lying, but a smart lawyer wouldnā€™t have put their own ass on the line like that. Far safer to couch sworn statements in language such as ā€œit is Mr. Trumpā€™s belief that he has returned all classified materials and that concludes this matterā€¦ā€ instead of ā€œI, a licensed attorney, can definitively swear that my client has returned all classified materials.ā€

25 Likes

Is this some sort of defence because of incompetence?
Because incompetence is not what most people look for in a leader of nations.

7 Likes

Half of the country is apparently completely okay with it.

2 Likes

More like about a quarter. Only about half the country votes, and not even all republicans like Trump. Itā€™s a loud, violent, vocal minority. :woman_shrugging:

25 Likes

With questionable communication skills.

Though I suppose ā€œthe FBI is as shoeā€ could be interpreted to mean the agency is an authoritarian boot on our collective necksā€¦

26 Likes

The FBI is a SS hoe, though I canā€™t say whether that means it digs them out or does digging for them.

19 Likes
21 Likes

Well, more like ā€œconcedesā€ than ā€œconfirmsā€ since he probably wasnā€™t privy to any more inside information than the rest of us. But it does seem that the Trumpanzees have been gradually coalescing around the narrative ā€œthereā€™s nothing wrong with Trump keeping classified documents at Mar-a-Lagoā€ rather than the competing narrative ā€œTrump never had classified documents at Mar-a-Lago and if the FBI found any itā€™s because they planted them there.ā€

22 Likes

13 Likes

He communicated perfectly well.

He communicated directly that he is irrational, angry, semiliterate, and reactionary, and indirectly that he is almost certainly also xenophobic, homophobic, misogynistic, and violent.

18 Likes

This doesnā€™t surprise me, because he was always doing questionable stuff there. Heā€™s right, theyā€™d forgive anything he does:

12 Likes

We shouldnā€™t, but even they can be accidentally correct. My point is only that it doesnā€™t matter if itā€™s true or not. Itā€™s not improper for the FBI to have taken anything that was claimed to have been taken.

I donā€™t intend to defend anything Trump does, I only wanted to point out that the claim made on Fox New were dumb to even make.

Let be be absolutely clear; I think it is dumb that the Trump circle claiming that the search was some how improper because while searching for secret government documents they also took Trumps secret documents. Itā€™s almost as dumb as the ā€œThey even broke into my safeā€, statement.

If anyone misunderstood the intent of my prior messages, that is my fault and Iā€™m sorry for communicating badly.

3 Likes

Heā€™s lying.

Yes. It actually does matter.

Yet weā€™re debating whether or not ā€œprivilegedā€ information was taken because Trump said it.

9 Likes

I wonder if theyā€™re related.

morans

6 Likes

Maybe he just really wants everybody to know that he thinks noone in the FBI can resist a nice butt, theyā€™re all hoes for that ass.

1 Like

artworks-000018126504-1hc71l-t500x500

7 Likes

"So, no, Iā€™m not overly concerned about some Top Secret information being leaked out.

yes, i think i agree. johnson is indeed not concerned enough

orā€¦ wait. did he mean heā€™s more concerned that ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  was selling secrets rather than the secrets just ā€œleaking outā€?

either way, i have questions

( really, no one could be overly concerned. an ex-president being a traitor is almost as bad as it gets. unless heā€™s also a serial killer or something )

14 Likes

Pretty sure it was one of these jokers.

10 Likes

Heā€™s being his own lawyer.

By copy of this TRUTH, I respectfully request that these documents be immediately returned to the location from which they were taken. Thank you!

4 Likes