Ongoing Trump raids

17 Likes

So fucking called it

Officially considered a flight risk. I knew this day was coming

37 Likes

It’s not clear why the FBI may have taken his passports or why he apparently has three of them. Trump said one was expired; it’s possible that he has a regular non-expired passport in addition to a second special issuance passportas a former U.S. president.

One might have to hold onto an expired passport to access overseas bank accounts originally opened under that older passport.

ETA: To clarify, this is definitely true in my experience. I’m just not certain that it’s true for :clown_face: :poop:.

19 Likes

Gotta revise my 2023 bingo card

New entry:

Donald Trump is holed up in the Russian embassy’s broom cupboard, runs presidential campaign from there.

24 Likes

I have two three expired passports along with my current. They have my entry stamps (except for my first trip to France and another trip to St. Martin during our honeymoon
the French always waved us through with a friendly “Bonjour!” back in the 90s).

Edited because for a few hours, I thought I was 10 years younger. Sigh.

20 Likes

I just love the idea of Donald Trump being prevented from traveling (or doing anything else) because he couldn’t show a government-issued passport to prove his identity.

“Sorry sir, I can’t let you board this plane. I know who you claim to be but for all I know you’re actually Sacha Baron Cohen in an orange fat-suit.”

24 Likes

And how many more passports does he have stashed in other places?

15 Likes

One in every dictators embassy no doubt

6 Likes

At his age, to only have one expired passport is telling. Other than Russia, where had he ever gone prior to becoming President? If you don’t even know the world, how can you presume to be the ‘leader’ of the world?

12 Likes

It’s legal / permissible / a done thing to destroy expired passports, if you don’t feel like carrying one around. If you lose your “live” passport, it’s easier to get a new one if you can show an expired passport. If you’re not sentimental and prone to having them destroyed, it’s pretty normal to keep one expired passport at home as a backup.

And we know he travelled before he took up a hobby of Presidenting. There were plenty of trips to Russia, I’m told.

15 Likes

A lot of people are saying it

13 Likes

They’ve been returned.

9 Likes

disappointed krysten ritter GIF

21 Likes

With a note that said, “Leave now”?

Carol Burnett Please GIF by Golden Globes

14 Likes

With a tracker tag that says go where you must.

3 Likes

Ha!

26 Likes

Aaah, the greatest Kim Carnes cover ever.
I love the original, this is even better!
Thank you for finding that.

7 Likes

It seems that there’s only been one Biden appointment to the National Archives, August 3rd. No idea of her political affiliation.

17 Likes

Archivist is very much a non-partisan position. Her political affiliations are irrelevant to whether or not she can archive documents.

25 Likes

They say the former president simply “does not trust” the Obama and Biden political appointees running the National Archives to act in good-faith and in bipartisan spirit.

His feelings don’t matter.

19 Likes