Orrin Hatch on Kavanaugh accusations: "...it would be hard for senators not to consider who he is today"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/18/orrin-hatch-on-kavanaugh-accus.html

6 Likes

It is my sincere hope that someday Orrin Hatch is judged for the person bigoted plutocrat he has always been.

Edited for accuracy and spelling.

22 Likes

Oren Hatch is confused. It’s sad - but at 84 years old dementia isn’t all that unusual.

19 Likes

Him? What an asshole.

10 Likes

This is nothing more than public gaslighting. Hatch’s pulling out this “poor thing is just confused” act again only makes me more sure that these accusations are accurate.

Fortunately, he’s not the only one from the past speaking up:

19 Likes

What a surprise - old privileged white man believes other white privileged white man over attempted rape victim.

Thanks so much for sorting that out for us Orin.

12 Likes

“…it would be hard for senators not to consider who he is today”

A dimwitted misogynist?

21 Likes

Nothing happened.
And anyway, the woman is to blame.
All that’s missing for the hat-trick is “Kavanaugh is the victim here”.

11 Likes

What was his excuse 30 years ago…

A lot of these old farts in DC need to go. I’m not being ageist… OK, in this instance I am.
Seriously, though. What kind of weirdo would want to put on a fucking suit and go into an office at 84 years old when you could be sitting somewhere enjoyable having someone bring you drinks?
I’m 52 and have been working for 34 years. Jesus Christ, I can’t wait till I can spend the day reading the paper and walking the dogs instead of jerking around with Visio docs and answering emails…

7 Likes

trump actually ran with term limits on his platform. Not that it matters but, he’s not acting on it.

4 Likes

It was a snarky response to Hatch calling the victim “confused”.

4 Likes

“Kavanaugh denies being present at the party in question …”
Difficult, since Dr. Blasey Ford apparently never said exactly when or where the party was.

9 Likes

Fuck Oral Hatch. I hate this evil man with a passion. This man is the wolf in sheeps clothing. He dresses well, runs in all the upper circles, he’s established and respected by his peers. He’s fucking evil.

4 Likes

I believe you meant Hatch? I know, they can easily be mixed up. But yes, Hatch did run on term limits and he has now been in office for 41 years. Snake! Snake! My apologies to snakes.

No, I meant trump. However, both those assholes do talk the same BS.

1 Like

An excellent auto-correct, if I do say so myself.

4 Likes

Oh come on! Who’s hasn’t tried to rape somebody at 17?

…except for possibly the majority of the population that isn’t entitled rich sociopaths.

(I’m never surprised watching the right wing defend the undefendable)

6 Likes

Well, who Kavanaugh is today is a guy who lies about his past rape attempts.

Yeah, not terribly convincing, is it? He might as well have said, “I was never at any parties, I never knew or had contact with any women,” after being outed as a teen drinker who supposedly knew lots of women. Someone is obviously confused here, and it ain’t Dr. Ford…

9 Likes

That’s a bingo!

6 Likes

9 Likes