Osama Been Loanin': head of Oregon terror-cell borrowed $530,000 from fed-backed loan program

So many parallels. Good read.

5 Likes

The legal definitions of suicide are always fascinating, arenā€™t they? Iā€™d be curious if self-endangerment is legally relevant here.

2 Likes

On federal land? Seems different than if it were ones own house, to be sure.

More like just another public park.

The irony will be when he sues USFWS for the frostbite.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking about buying a caboose to live in, and I certainly need a lot of crushed rock to put the rails on. Wonder how good they are with a ten pound sledge?

3 Likes

The more I think about it, the more it seems like theyā€™ve taken themselves hostage. Self-terrorism, then? I suppose it would be terrifying to wake up and realized that youā€™re still Ammon Bundy.

5 Likes

Sometimes no press is better press, huh?

1 Like

A cry for help? Getting away from daddy?

2 Likes

Likely to be messinā€™ with the thermostat too, which isā€¦like taking a farm loan (and if heā€™s costing taxpayers up to $22,340 by not paying back $480kā€¦) what? Someone gets whiffle points for putting confusion in the hay.

1 Like

Well then you should go check out the winter migration of birds at the Malheur facility. If you feel afraid to go there right now. If you feel that you might be in physical danger for going birding near them. Then you have just been terrorized by terrorist. This is because terrorist use fear as their primary weapon. Bombs, hostages, guns, and threats of violence are just secondary tools of trade to generate fear to control you.

11 Likes

Aamon bundy to his dad:

3 Likes

Please explain how there is a meaningful difference between these two scenarios:

Scenario A: ā€œWe have a bomb, and if you try to arrest or remove us we will detonate it.ā€
Scenario B: ā€œWe have guns, and if you try to arrest or remove us we will use them to kill you.ā€

6 Likes

Isnā€™t that because the cops have blocked the ways in and are waiting them out, rather than confronting armed men who threaten to shoot them?

6 Likes

If we donā€™t give them that, it just emboldens them. This is the SAME Bundy family that was threatening to shoot law enforcement the last time (which they got away with as well).

5 Likes

And the same ones that continue to not pay their grazing fees in Nevada, even still today.

Jail them.

7 Likes

If I walk into a bank carrying a gun and say ā€œdo as I say and nobody gets hurt,ā€ thatā€™s still an armed robbery even if I donā€™t point the gun directly at the tellerā€™s face. Itā€™s the credible threat of deadly violence that makes the crime.

8 Likes

Or at least take all their cattle and host a big national barbecue. (And donā€™t invite them.)

1 Like

Commubrisket Party.

We all know how that ā€˜collect their cattleā€™ thing went last time.

He just needed a better view, nobody was in any danger, clearly.

Patriots, every one of 'em. /s

5 Likes

Theyā€™re manning the fire towers with snipers fer crissakes:

10 Likes

True, the legal definition of aggravated robbery requires only the presence of a deadly weapon. I have no idea whether this same reasoning applies to the legal definition of domestic terrorism, however, and without any other legal context (or for that matter, legal training whatsoever), I interpreted it to mean ā€œclear and present dangerā€ to human life (as amply demonstrated in the photo above of last yearā€™s standoff).

Again, I ask: is there a criminal law scholar in the house?

2 Likes