Osama Been Loanin': head of Oregon terror-cell borrowed $530,000 from fed-backed loan program

And the moment they point that rifle at someone, they will have met the criteria for domestic terrorism as defined by the U.S. federal code.

They didn’t just bring weapons. They threatened to use them on anyone who attempts to enforce the law by arresting or removing the “protesters.” Again, how is that any different than threatening to set off a bomb if Feds try to retake the building?

3 Likes

We done passed that point at the last protest. See above.

4 Likes

Well the Bundy’s live in a pre 9/11 world. A pre-1911 world too.

heck, by the sound of it, they are owed reparations.

Oh the irony. The cold, gunmetal, irony of it all.

3 Likes

Actually, you might want to check the standards for federal wildlands. Those would be the ones in play on BLM land, mostly.

The local sherrif might not mind, but really, a civilian with a rifle in a fire watch tower? Where is that ok?

4 Likes

6 Likes

And the men pointing their guns at people should’ve been charged. If the snipers in the refuge tower are pointing their guns at people, they should be charged as well.

They threatened to shoot any official who tries to remove or arrest them. Are you saying that they can’t be charged until someone puts themselves in harm’s way to test that claim??

5 Likes

Anyone else getting confused between BLM and the BLM?

6 Likes

From 18 U.S. Code § 2331, 5(A):

" involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State"

I don’t know enough about criminal law to interpret this. However, in making my best armchair effort, I like to make as few assumptions as possible. The act of brandishing a firearm and threatening to use it is considered, in most U.S. states, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Drawing that firearm is what escalates it to an act of endangerment of human life. If this is in fact the intended meaning of the law, then I suppose that law has been drawn with some very fine lines.

If I’m mistaken, I certainly wouldn’t object to being corrected.

2 Likes

Which they did last year and no one prosecuted them.

3 Likes

And they should’ve been prosecuted. The fact that they weren’t demonstrated an active, glaring double-standard in U.S. federal counter-terrorism practices and enforcement of terrorism-related laws.

3 Likes

You mean the double standard that if they were black, they would have been shot already, or a different double standard?

2 Likes

That, and the one where if they were Muslim they would’ve been labeled terrorists and shot (not necessarily in that order).

1 Like

Great. We’re all in agreement here then.

They have been labeled terrorists though, by many people. In fact, Domestic (read: white) Terrorism is one of the biggest internal threats within the United States. This is just one example of it.

6 Likes

you mean #BLM and BLM?

3 Likes

And a pile of regular pre-9/11 laws, too.

1 Like

And how!

1 Like

If a nun breaking into a navy base is terrorism, this sure as fuck is.

15 Likes

To be fair, they probably dislike both BLMs with equal hatred.

7 Likes