Overgrown sheep caught in a bush is sheared back to safety

[Read the post]

Argh. We need closure on this with a well shorn sheep and a pile of wool by the side. Looks like all of it is pristine other than the stuff on the outside. Wonder how many sweaters you can make…

9 Likes

The ultimate Wet Dog smell.

2 Likes

I’m not even a marxist animal husbandry theorist and I can still recognize the absurdity of a breed that can only survive by exporting its contradictions.

3 Likes

A fan.

4 Likes

It only survives and thrives because of its ridiculous hair growth.

If it didn’t do that, the species would be an obscurity, possibly heading to extinction.

Evolution. The way to survive it to provide large amounts of hair for a hairless ape.

14 Likes

Try googling Shrek the Sheep.

3 Likes

Well, look no further!

3 Likes

Well there is a difference between species and breed. Wild sheep survived without people to sheer them. But sheep have been bred to grow more hair. The characteristics that we have selected for in many species, from wheat to dogs have created breeds that could not survive in the wild. But the species survived before us and if they could make it through a few generations, they’d probably survive if we disappeared.

5 Likes

If a few of these sheep get together, might they form the semi-legendary Sheep King?

5 Likes

“Are you going to shear that sheep?”
“No mate, I’m keeping her for myself.”

8 Likes

Amazing! The most recent ep of “Running Wild With Bear Grylls” (which I’m in the middle of right now) has Grylls and Michael B. Jordan literally sleeping with a sheep. For the heat, of course.

Maybe it’s not all that amazing.

3 Likes

Here. Before and After pics. http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/03/asia/sheep-record-wool-shearer/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

1 Like

It must have escaped from Parliament.

2 Likes

I wonder if I could get a plushie of this sheep? And maybe have it stuffed with wool from this sheep? Would that be cannibalism, of some kind of meta-hipster artefact? Curated! Artisanal!

3 Likes

Yay!! Thanks

This article doesn’t mention it, but his name is Chris.

1 Like

2 Likes

Along the board our gaffer walks
His face all in a frown;
And passing by the ringer says
“You watch, me lad, keep down!”

Ok thanks for the after pics - though they didn’t take one with the final pass and its all super short. What is the red stuff poking through? Skin issues?

Should I post my sheep joke again?