Watch: A sheep with its head stuck in a barbed wire fence is rescued by a human super hero

Originally published at: Watch: A sheep with its head stuck in a barbed wire fence is rescued by a human super hero | Boing Boing

14 Likes

19 Likes

Sheep Jam

9 Likes

Good for him.

18 Likes

Nick a famous and beloved rugby player and his nickname is the Honey Badger. You must update his name!

16 Likes

That was gripping!

11 Likes
15 Likes

Thats the kind of masculinity I totaly dig. Just wonderful.

14 Likes

And holy shit what an incredibly gorgeous countryside all around them.

5 Likes

Must really be New Zealand, nothing trying to eat or kill the guy helping the sheep, thus cannot be Australia.

10 Likes

But, given he was a rugby player, thankfully not squirrel gripping.

2 Likes

“Ya dumbass”… :rofl: Worth watching to the end.

3 Likes

Sheep are so fucking stupid, they can even get stuck lying on their back. I swear, when I lived in the countryside I’d have to rescue a sheep that had got itself stuck somewhere improbable, at least once a year.

6 Likes

Getting stuck on their back is a symptom of the excessive amounts of wool they now have as a result of selective breeding under domestication. Wild sheep don’t have this problem.

I’m not suggesting sheep are particularly smart though.

8 Likes

When I would take the train through central Wales, I was always perplexed by the fact that every time the train went by a field of sheep, the ones closest would run back up the field. Every. Time. A train went by every half an hour, and it wasn’t THAT close: surely the sheep should have figured it out?

Having said that, there was a flock just below the National Library of Wales who did not back down and just looked at you, knowingly, which was kind of disconcerting.

7 Likes

As someone who has raised goats, this is all too common a thing, I lost count of the number of times they were trying to munch on the MUCH tastier grass on the other side of the fence and got their heads stuck. I do suspect that the fence the goat was caught in was mainly welded wire that had a string or two of barbed wire along the top. Safer for the goat but much harder for the good samaritan to hoist the goat over.
I also do wonder though if the goat actually belonged on the inside of the fence? The goat had its head stuck on the outside so unless it leapt the fence it probably didn’t belong there. On the other hand, better for the goat to be inside the fence than getting hit by a car on the road, unless of course whoever owns that land doesn’t like goats.

3 Likes

I want to be him.

1 Like

Maybe where John Brunner got the inspiration for his book title The Sheep Look Up?

8 Likes

“usually they go into sortofa hypnotized state when you hold em like this”

Don’t blame the sheep one bit. If that guy held me between his thighs like that that I’d probably be hypnotized, too.

3 Likes