Own your very own pig fetus, sheep brain, or large bucket of animal scat

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/29/own-your-very-own-pig-fetus-s.html

2 Likes

Makes a lovely buffet, so I’m told.

1 Like

Own your very own pig fetus, sheep brain, or large bucket of animal scat

Coming soon to your favorite deli counter.

2 Likes

The scat bucket contains replica scat.

A collection of various Life form, Scat Replicas contained in one bucket!

9 Likes

And sheep eyes are ten for $12!

I didn’t mind cow eye dissection, but I skipped out on fetal pig day. The smell was just too awful.

Well, at least they can guarantee quality control without having to manually sort through piles of scat.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t this be in the Happy Mutant Foods Topic?

5 Likes

I will keep this in mind!
When I was putting a horror larp together, I was disappointed to learn that butchers aren’t allowed to sell certain parts of animals (eyes, lungs, certain organs). I used what they’d sell me, plus gross dog treats.

2782931-center-2

2 Likes

A friend and I once held a Halloween party, decorating the cellar as a haunted surgery, complete with genuine pig head from the butcher.
Awesome 2 day party.
Then we remembered… :grimacing:

5 Likes

ER Nurse here and I can sell you all the human shit you want for $10 a pound. You pick the color, consistency and disease process for $15.

Also used diapers, 5 for $20.

11 Likes

Honestly that is why I clicked through. I thought “how can they have all that in a bucket and not have it get mixed up”

3 Likes

Please tell me that Rob has included affiliate links for these items

4 Likes

“Scat replicas” = “shampoo”?

7 Likes

Actual amazon review:

First things first, the bucket was realistic, lifelike. Could pass for real bucket in a pinch.

My first thought as the various scat spilled out of the bucket- this scat appears accurate in size and shape. After so many scat orders and disappointing returns, this scat really looks like it could have been squeezed out of assorted woodland creatures. But my delight was short lived. The scat was way off when it came to taste and texture. It was all rubbery! Every single piece!

8 Likes

Rob included affiliate links for those items.

6 Likes

Foodie dropping in here to let y’all know that pig, sheep, calf brains are a very gentle, soft, and tasty meat. Don’t knock it unless you’ve tried it.

3 Likes

Tell me every little kid you know wouldn’t be thrilled with a bucket of replica scat. Hell, I want one. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I cooked a pig head recently.

6 Likes

To be quite clear, it seems “NASCO” isn’t just a brand name and these items are not fit for consumption.
https://www.myenasco.com/static-def/preservedmaterialFAQ.jsp#q7

1 Like

This would be a great way to start kids in on learning tracking skills. Scat markers are a very good way of telling what kind of animals are around and about how frequent they are.

(Yes, there are grosser ways of determining how… recently the deposit was, uhm, deposited. I never got into that detail…)

2 Likes

o.k.

4 Likes