PA GOP angry at own Senator: "we did not send him there to ‘do the right thing’ or whatever"

Fuckin’ A; I’m trying to get my kid to adulthood as healthily happily and safely as possible - and I want the same for every parent out there.

16 Likes

Something to remember for those unwilling to do something. You don’t need to do much (though it would be better if you did), but ten thousand people whispering the same thing in unison can be mighty damn loud… Shouting might be preferred, and more effective, but at the very least don’t stay silent.

7 Likes

This is what kept running through my head while watching a taped interview today. Heather McGhee recently appeared on The Daily Show to promote her book, and her comments explained why some folks vote against their own interests. I linked to excerpts, but the whole thing is great:

Convincing people to change:

The cost to entire communities:

For leaders in the GOP who have made hate their weapon of choice, these points are the ones that could get their followers to consider how it hurts them. Gotta get through the selfishness, greed, and false class consciousness that’s run rampant.

7 Likes

They do not even bother to cover up that they are trying to destroy America anymore, and the truly scary part is their constituency does not card what the outcome is anymore if they think it will butt hurt the left. I think everyone who does not want healthcare or Social Security when they get old, or disability if they get hurt, or the other myriad things a safety net is in a 1st World country should be able to opt out. Ideally we would have allowed the South to secede after ending slavery and had a place for folks who wanted to be dirt poor and stupid to go to

23 Likes

The South is where some of America’s most cruel political movements have come from. But it’s also where most of America’s black people are. Saying you would have let them go is saying they haven’t been worth helping, even before you get to all the others you are throwing under the bus with them, and all I can say is I strongly disagree.

19 Likes

avengers-thor-nope

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

13 Likes

Writing off an entire section of the country is a NOT a way to solve any problems.

14 Likes
18 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.