Pabst Blue Ribbon launches cannabis seltzer

I’m an experienced user, but I don’t consider myself necessarily a pothead.

3 Likes

By contrast I take two 5 mg gummies and get shot to the moon. Can’t fathom where 100 mg would send me.

4 Likes

Not a chemist but I believe an emulsifier like lecithin is what is usually used to get the concentrated THC to disperse evenly throughout the liquid.

5 Likes

It’s not unpleasant to me =). And yes, I’m completely aware of the metabolic pathways involved, hence “edibles”.

3 Likes

Happens to me sometimes, too. But my wife did find some 10mg ones that work really well for me in the evening if I feel I might have trouble sleeping. Which is the case at the moment because I’m having some shoulder pain on both sides. Her on the other hand… she’s in a different category of what one can handle…
Last year when we went to Shoreline to see Dead & Company, some old hippy came by to say hello when we were having a pre-show picnic in the parking lot and brought us brownies. I took a little bite and was like “you don’t know this dude or how he makes his shit, maybe just try a small amount first.” Chomp, she ate one whole huge brownie. She powered through like I knew she would, but she didn’t remember much of the first set. What I ate made me pretty high and she ate like 5 times as much.

4 Likes

The dispensary I went to when I lived in Colorado sold delicious lemon bars with 100mg of THC. It was really difficult to just eat 1/10th of the bar (who does that?) but the alternative was an evening thinking I would step on my own face if I tried to get up and walk.

5 Likes

Tolerance changes this pretty fast. In my experience, edibles actually build tolerance MUCH faster than other forms of THC intake. The first time I had 1 10mg edible, it damn near knocked me out, but after…? Nah, not really. Even the 100mg colas I buy every so often simply get me really high, not gibbering/drooling/foaming/whatever ^^'.

5 Likes

Back before the retail stores opened in Seattle you could get much stronger edibles at the dispensaries for less money. My go to dose then was 75mg and went up to 100mg for trippy movie watching. I tried going higher than 100mg and didn’t enjoy it.

Retail stores charge so much more for so much less product that over time I’ve lowered my dosage to 20-40mg, which is a good thing.

ETA: Having a high tolerance is only useful to 15 year olds trying to out bro their friends. Having a high tolerance just means you pay more to get to the same happy place as the person good at 5mg. I didn’t want my sharing of my old tolerance to sound like I am promoting larger doses. At that time I was getting divorced and didn’t know about taking tolerance breaks. I’ve dialed my usage back since then and take regular breaks.

ETA2: What @Bozobub says above is very accurate.

5 Likes

Interesting magnifying lens on the politics there, thanks.

1 Like

…By the by, if any of you ever think of trying any of the THC drink add-in powders, DON’T. It may be possible to make a drink less appetizing, that you still intend to put in your face, but it’d take some serious effort and determination :fearful:.

3 Likes

Yes. But also highly variable for each person. Anecdotally, my wife needs 30mg to get where she wants, but I want off the ride after 10mg. And we’re not novices.

There’s possible a scientific-y reason for this. Genes or something. Similar to cilantro and the soap taste. To add to the anecdote quotient of this post, we also differ in this; I taste the soap but I think it’s pleasant (like weak Thrills gum), she tastes it strong and disgusting.

I was gonna look up the science on this, but then I got high.

5 Likes

Dixie Elixirs makes a 50 and 100mg bottle. Technically, there’s a dosing measure in the cap, but I’ve managed to drain a bottle in a night.

2 Likes

I don’t actually know my dose in mg (homemade tincture w/o benefit of high tech lab-grade anything) but handwavey estimate arithmetic suggests around 10 mg is my nice light buzz for the evening and 30 mg gives me a rave-grade space cadet high.

4 Likes

I think it also varies day to day depending on what you’ve eaten, or biorhythms, or who knows what, but I take 10mg capsules several times a day, every day and my mileage varies considerably.

3 Likes

A 10mg edible is more than enough for me. Of course, I don’t have one more than once a month

2 Likes

OMFG, While that is good value for money If I drank that I would be fucked up quite some time.

2 Likes

i’ll meet u there

2 Likes

I forgot that! I once took a legal, and I presume accurately labelled 10mg edible on an empty stomach; bad move. No lasting effects other that I now eat before edibles. I should have expected this, since I have same reaction to alcohol. And I imagine most people do, too.

1 Like

They should differentiate their products by calling it Pabst Green Ribbon. Sometimes a person wants an alcohol buzz instead of a THC buzz, and it’s a best practice to indicate on the packaging which kind of buzz they’re offering.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.