Pack of wild pigs unleash destruction at Northern California school

Originally published at: Pack of wild pigs unleash destruction at Northern California school - Boing Boing

5 Likes

I wonder if now they’d consider naturalscaping with native plants and ground cover that doesn’t cost $150k in irrigation and other fees, not to mention the ongoing water bill.

…nah

8 Likes

Whereas others fled for chaotic evil.

Hard to make that work if you’re talking athletic fields instead of ornamental gardens.

Remember, the pigs aren’t native species either.

10 Likes

Ah, right, I read school and thought “grounds” not “sports”

2 Likes

Sounds like it was spread all over campus, including but not limited to athletic fields. Hopefully they’ll work something out that preserves some kind of natural balance.

4 Likes

<grim humor>

Well, if you need to deal with 30-50 feral hogs, an American school seems like exactly where you’ll find the appropriate tools.

</grim humor>

12 Likes

Last year I was with my kids on a camp-out near a river in Southern California. I noticed that the ground all around the area had an unusually lumpy texture but I was oblivious to what had caused it. That night our camp was visited by a pack of hungry wild pigs that rooted through the dirt and also got into some of the campers’ food. I knew that wild pigs had a reputation for destruction but seeing them in action was a wake-up call for me showing how big of an impact that they could make on the local landscape.

4 Likes

Or to use the collective noun, a “precinct”.

13 Likes

Cody keeps trying to warn us - but do we listen???

1 Like

Wild boar jerky?

5 Likes

Came here for this. Thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.