Papa Johns Pizza, the breakfast of Nazis

Little Ceasar’s crust here in Tijuana is the least “cardboard-y”. I don’t know about Domino’s though, because unlike Little Ceasar’s, the prices feel more in line with San Diego, so very few people eat Domino’s in TJ.
If one was looking for very good pizza, it’s just a few miles north in Little Italy.

3 Likes

Random question, but I have to ask, now that it’s occurred to me; is food delivery across the border a thing?

2 Likes

Not that I know, but one could technically get from Little Italy to my house in southeast central TJ (south of Buenos Aires Sur) in an hour by car. You’d probably have to reheat the pizza, though.

2 Likes

It’s about the same it’s always been, I guess. I rarely eat it, but it’s okay. I’d say it’s about the same as other chain pizza places. I always kind of liked the dipping sauce it came with, but that’s just me. The pizza is passable, but YMMV, of course.

And yeah, supercheap, too.

1 Like

What always killed me, as a poor high school student, was that at the end of the day they’d wheel out all of the unsold pizzas in boxes and put them in the trash compactor. They were extremely stringent about not letting anybody eat the unsold pizza, to the point of having a guard stand by while the pizzas were destroyed.

4 Likes

That’s annoying, to say the least. :frowning: I wonder if that’s a corporate dictate or was a local decision? It’s incredibly wasteful and frankly cruel.

Once, after a school function I helped put together, we had a ton of left over food, so we just took it all to the park across the street and let the folks hanging out playing chess (many of whom were homeless) dig in. That should always be the answer to left over food - let hungry people eat it. It’s not that hard.

9 Likes

And just what exactly the fuck is “negro fatigue” and which particular people do I need to punch in the face to make sure I never see or hear it again?

5 Likes

Corporate liability dictate in case you give someone food poisoning.
While it isn’t the regular supermarket to stock up even though it is a block away I do see a truck for a food bank regularly parked there getting loaded up so some places do donate things to be eaten.

4 Likes

Isn’t that a problem for people buying the food as well, though?

I know of several places near me that do the same, donate their days leftovers…

4 Likes

When slagging on these chains I think it bears keeping in mind how much they improved the landscape. Dominos single handedly raised the bar for delivery; and when Papa John’s came along they really were a big improvement in quality over Dominos. Everybody likes to point to their favorite local joint for how local is better than the chains, but of course for every great local joint there are 5 that are terrible and justify the chains’ existence.

Not sure where Little Caesar’s fits in that narrative other than that they lowered the $/pound of food required to feed nutrition-unconscious college students (I certainly had my share at the time).

I had never heard the phrase “Negro fatigue” before.

Stop using it. It’s a racist term, meant to demean black people as lazy. Just stop.

3 Likes
  1. Thats not how I read it. Isnt he trying to say that the “Aryan master race” is tired of hearing so much about black people including the kneeling football players? As if I should care what the “master race” think, but if I did, apparently the black lives matter people have been getting him down. Of course I might have misread.

2. And if it was racist cant I laugh at his stupidity? Why is it wrong to find it funny?

If you think you’re laughing “at” racism with this shit you’re very naive.

1 Like

But I am laughing at it, And so is my mum. However Im not sure the gentleman concerned cares very much at my laughing at his “Dumas” self.

Did you not think my reading of it might be right? Would the para make sense if it was meant as an statement that black people are lazy? If I was always right I wouldnt ask. I just thought it made more sense reading it as an expression of being tired of hearing black people complain.

And boy do I have bad news for that guy if I read it right.

Does it matter what I think? Clearly, around here, it absolutely doesn’t.

So continue and do whatever it is you think it right.

I believe it started as a legitimate term.

March 26, 2012:
http://www.thisisyourconscience.com/2012/03/proper-negro-fatigue/

“All that can lead to what some have called, ‘proper negro fatigue,’” Touré added. “Because I have to go around mollifying everyone around me and letting them know I won’t rob them.”

“And trust me, it’s tiring,” he concluded. “Because, no matter how good I am at that, I still know I may end up dead.”

April 5, 2012 it appears on the Stormfront site, flipped on its head by fragile racists who want to live in their white bubble without intrusion. Since then, it’s been a 100% accurate racist marker, down to people complaining about the NFL protests.

For stopping it, it’s “punching nazis” all the way down.

ETA: Scientology, trying to smear the program Scientology and the Aftermath, recently used the term “Remini Fatigue” to describe a dip in the ratings. /facepalm

2 Likes

Well yeah it does matter.

1. I am often wrong.
  2. I value your opinion.
  3. Thats the whole point of debate and discussion.

Let me be absolutely candid. 1) I know I am often wrong. 2) I also like a laugh. 3) Finally, for what little my opinion is worth, I suspect I make a wide range of bad taste jokes (see 1 and 2).

However I come here to read others opinions and debate/discuss matters with smart people. If I quibble with you its because I think I might be right. Not because I know I am right. But if you correct me then you are doing me a favor and I am grateful.

Now, where did I f*ck up this time?

No, it doesn’t matter.

Have a good day.

1 Like

Google found a lot of recipes. :slight_smile: