Parents pull the plug on kids playing Fortnite in latest Jimmy Kimmel prank

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/15/parents-pull-the-plug-on-kids.html

2 Likes

Not perfect, but the kid at 1:00 is the most respectful by not immediately throwing a tantrum. Those kids throwing hands, though…

2 Likes

This is worse than the candy. At least then they revealed it as a prank. You can’t restore that moment in the game where all your focus and concentration has been built up to a rewarding conclusion. No, it’s poof, no reward. All the kids have left at that moment is the frustrating realisation that your parents are assholes.

I know it’s “just a game”. But it is also a tool to recharge and vent and channel emotions. If someone disrupts that, fucks with your psychology for fun, that’s evil.

16 Likes

Some of those kids dropping the F bomb straight to their parents? I would have gotten in some serious trouble for that.

My dad never hit me, but I don’t know how he would have reacted to that.

4 Likes

The difference is probably, that the parents use the same language around them. Which is fine from a certain age (in my opinion).

4 Likes

Yeah, my parents were very straight-laced. I can say I never heard my mom or my dad ever use any swear words. Even now, I would never swear in front of them, it would feel too weird.

5 Likes

Maybe they could follow it up with a video challenge in which these children pull the plug while their parents are watching the Superbowl.

27 Likes

Did I see a girl? There was a girl in that one family. I guess it’s not the venue for meeting women then.

1 Like

This is how you end up like Mr. and Mrs. Menendez.

3 Likes

Why are we praising this asshole encouraging other people to be assholes?

6 Likes

Why the fuck does a grown man have to fuck with kids?
You want to mess with adults? Go ahead, but leave the kids alone.

6 Likes

This just teaches kids that it’s funny and acceptable to have fun by ruining someone else’s good time. And to have your parents do it, no less? This is the kind of shit roommates get thrown out over.

6 Likes

At least that’s how I read that the first time. chuckling damn that’s dark…

8 Likes

that would be AMAZING. i say turnabout is fair play!

1 Like

Because Kimmel’s a Hawaiian pizza hater! There’s just no saving him.

1 Like

OH I got spanked, and I know exactly how they would have reacted LOL. But like a lot of things, things are different. Some families don’t bring the hammer down on kids swearing like they used to.

Though to be fair, you can’t pause on online gaming. Though to be fair, you were probably ~5 min from dying anyway, you squids…

Do you want CPS called? Because that is how you need CPS called. :wink:

Many of them will.

2 Likes

Does Kimmel just enjoy child abuse or is he just generally a sadistic bastard?

Pretending to be a dick and then revealing that you didn’t really can be a prank. Actually being a dick and then saying “lol, it’s a prank!” just makes you a dick.

7 Likes

As an adult that rarely games, I don’t want to be on the receiving end of this shit either. People that try to pass off maliciously dickish behaviour as pranks are the worst.

2 Likes