Park ranger teaches mask-shaming creeper a lesson in occupational safety

“It’s not to keep covid out. It’s to keep the bees inside.”

2 Likes

Our “dickflute” is their “MAGA patriot”.

That mask and glasses do not seem adequate protection while using an angle grinder

2 Likes

Yikes!

I think the guy was more worried about the small bits of metal being ground off vs the disk breaking apart.

Mask won’t help in that situation. Sunglasses might, depending on what they are made of. Some of them are made of the same stuff as safety glasses.

3 Likes

They make guard protectors (safety shields) for angle grinders. ~20 bucks.

1 Like

I would have expected an employer to provide adequate protection for using any potentially dangerous tools – boots, gloves, hearing protection, mask and facial/head shield and to ensure members of the public are kept at a distance. I wince when I see people using angle grinders as if they had minor danger potential.

2 Likes

Machine guards, personal safety devices, etc. should be de rigueur where people are exposed to machinery. Per my experience, companies working on government contracts (and with union employees) do tend to set up to be safe… but I’ve seen my share of small machine shops hired by us for one-offs, and so far all have been textbook examples of areas likely to maim and kill people. (One gets the drift the instant you walk into these shops: They’re all incredibly filthy.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.