This PSA kindly tells covidiot snowflakes, "You should be wearing a fucking mask"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/14/this-psa-tells-covidiot-snowfl.html

17 Likes

Another good one:

WEAR A MASK!

19 Likes

A surprisingly large minority of Americans are willing to kill someone/die rather than follow a simple rule in public. This guy tried both even more directly than usual: He stabbed a 77-year-old who asked him to wear a mask in a store, then he reportedly attacked a cop and was shot dead. The other guy is in stable condition, and the cop wasn’t injured. Of course, they won’t know whether he infected them for a while yet. When someone refuses to wear a mask, they really are demonstrating they don’t care if they kill you.

37 Likes

So uncivil, though! All that swearing. Can’t we meet the covidiots halfway? /zentrum concern

21 Likes

Not sure that works. Meet incivilty with harsh words? I’m willing to cuss these muthafkers all to hell and gone.
“shoot them, sir?
Politely, Zoe.”

11 Likes

I’m joking (see the tag). There’s always some centrist hand-wringer expressing “concern” that PSAs will alienate the kind of selfish and deluded dickheads who won’t wear masks.

15 Likes

And don’t touch your face, or someone else’s.

3 Likes

These are people who are careless in all situations, both low and high risk, so they are the people most likely to spread the virus. Which seems obvious, but they don’t seem to understand that.

11 Likes

I have no problem with incivility towards viral mask meltdowners. Those people are pieces of shit and it’d be silly to pretend not to see that when they’re waving it in your face.

Still, the goal is to get masks on people’s faces, so it’s still important to also work on whatever hangups are impeding that. I’m sure for every person who achieves stardom with an anti-mask tantrum, there are a thousand who already have a mask in their car or bag, and are just shy to wear it. If we’re talking about actual health results, getting the right message to those people is overwhelmingly more important than greasing a handful of squeaky wheels.

In what should probably be the mantra for this decade, we need to give much less attention to those who demand it, and much more to those who need it.

5 Likes

I would love to hear Ze Frank narrate this same video :laughing:

7 Likes

I would also like to see some psa’s that tell people not to wear the kind of mask with the vents and that if the mask is below your nose it is not helping anyone.

6 Likes

A new rock genre: Health Metal

I shall only touch them with my thoughts. :innocent:

5 Likes

That voice. I had to check the playback speed. Yes. It was set to normal.

4 Likes

I wish they’d stop making any reference to killing grandparents. Too many people think the risk is only for the elderly. Young people are catching this, too.

Repeating that wearing a mask will help others won’t motivate them, because these folks have already proven themselves to be selfish. Here’s a previous comment about why it’s in their best interest to wear a mask - to help themselves:

8 Likes

And before people too:

152_300x300_Front_Color-Charcoal

14 Likes

I’m touching them right now!
(with my thought, of course!)

4 Likes

I had to call out two of my own managers for not wearing masks at all talking to each other and then called it out directly behind me to a higher boss right in front of me who had his mask halfway down his face and off his nose.

It took threatening a lawsuit before they took my concerns seriously and they’ve done some stuff but people still regularly don’t wear masks in the place and nobody enforces it.

They put lines of tape on the ground to get people to walk around my department at work since I work out on the floor as a machinist and that’s apparently all my life is worth to them- lines of tape on the floor.

If somehow this orange bastard wins in November I don’t care if I have to do it illegally I am leaving this country and moving to another one because this one is a toxic infected cesspool at this point. I don’t recognize my nation anymore and I’ve done everything I can to save it but there’s a point where it’s just not worth it anymore and I’m right about there

6 Likes

The old sage advice still holds true in the era of COVID-19: You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose (wash your hands before and after), but you can’t pick your friend’s nose.

1 Like

I’ll prefer Samuel L Jackson.

2 Likes

But a fuking mask looks like a thing that is used in BDSM cicles.
Wear a bloody maks it’s better, imho.

1 Like