Parkland victim's dad says Kavanaugh walked away from him, wouldn't shake his hand today

Oh, all right, she’s Zina Bash.
She’s in politics not acting.

1 Like

The delta is approaching zero.

11 Likes

Rather weird reaction considering all the press and attention :confused:

1 Like

What scares me? He looks about 30. That means a half century on the bench or more.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/rubin_kd/status/1037033721235263488

she was the one throwing the white power sign

2 Likes

Yes, I’m back from the dead and bigger than ever!

tumblr_pdtv7cx9Ll1vmtp2uo1_540

12 Likes

I had a fantasy that Ruth was actually a vampire and would upon his confirmation absorb his life force while draining remaining conservative judges of their blood. Ruth would transform into a young short shirt wearing bad ass for justice biting all those who got in her way. She would live forever and not be afraid of the light.

7 Likes

7 Likes

yeah, obama was so incredibly uncivil as to stagger the imagination.

nope, sorry, unless i’m seriously misreading you i can’t even approach that one with a straight face.

15 Likes

Note he said " each time I thought public discourse couldn’t get any less civil", not that the presidents themselves were necessarily less civil.

3 Likes

maybe, but it’s an ambiguous statement.

9 Likes

It’s not just uncivil. It’s… it’s…

I don’t know what the hell it is.

Why would he publicly snub him like that? Is he a coward? A shitbag? An idiot?

Could he be an idiotic, cowardly shitbag?

6 Likes

Not that alt-reich staffers making white power signs would surprise me one iota, but isn’t :ok_hand: the gesture for OK?

It’s also the gyan mudra (gesture of concentration/knowledge) some people make in lotus and half-lotus pose. I know this because while I don’t practice yoga, I do sit in half-lotus for zen meditation.

Snopes suggests it began as a hoax by an alt-right 4chan trolley…

According to the prominent anti-hate group the Anti-Defamation League, the idea that the hand gesture signifies white supremacist sympathies started as an Internet hoax:

The “OK” hand gesture hoax originated in February 2017 when an anonymous 4channer announced “Operation O-KKK,” telling other members that “we must flood Twitter and other social media websites…claiming that the OK hand sign is a symbol of white supremacy.” The user even provided a helpful graphic showing how the letters WP (for “white power”) could be traced within an “OK” gesture. The originator and others also suggested useful hashtags to help spread the hoax, such as #PowerHandPrivilege and #NotOkay. “Leftists have dug so deep down into their lunacy,” wrote the poster, “We must force [them] to dig more, until the rest of society ain’t going anywhere near that s***.”

I don’t know if I’d call it trivial. It succinctly demonstrates his dearth of compassion and character in a way that people who won’t take the time to comb his legal decisions can readily understand.

You wouldn’t regard animal abuse by a SCOTUS nominee as newsworthy?

5 Likes

The NRA is going to spend over one million dollars to promote Kavanaugh. He “couldn’t” shake his hand.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-07/nra-says-it-ll-spend-at-least-1-million-on-pro-kavanaugh-ads

10 Likes

I wish they changed the rules so a SCOTUS seat was good for a set period of time (say 20 years) instead of a lifetime appointment. The current system incentivizes appointing the youngest judges possible in order to maximize influence and discourages retirement even when a judge’s age may impact their ability to do their job.

12 Likes

Ah shit. It’s going to work, too.

Democrats don’t have the power to force the release of the documents. Even though the Republicans are being incredibly brazen about their refusal to release them.

I would love to read this article, though.

5 Likes

She is apparently his law clerk. and one of those Jewish/Mexican Nazis whose grandparents were holocaust survivors.
I noticed that almost everyone behind him also “crossed” their legs. That is a well known reference to the fiery cross of the KKK.

Propoganda ministers?

3 Likes

I see it not so much as wiping the asses of elephants…

More of “performing oral services on other bits of anatomy of elephants” (which seems to be his M.O.)

I can guarantee you he’s mistreated his dog. And on more than one occasion.