Passenger misses her flight, blows a fuse, and hurls Frontier Airlines computer at worker (video)

Originally published at: Passenger misses her flight, blows a fuse, and hurls Frontier Airlines computer at worker (video) - Boing Boing

6 Likes

That’ll solve it!

10 Likes

I’ll upgrade her from ‘unhinged emotional dysregulation’ to ‘5d chess; of a kind’ if she manages to get rebooked on JPATS as part of the consequences of this stunt.

4 Likes

Damn, I got suckered into clicking on a Xitter link. :person_facepalming:

9 Likes

yes-indeed that slight delay of the xitter link expanding so often catches one’s intention upon hitting the Comments link - almost like a bait-n-switch (“dang didn’t mean to hit that! abort! abort!”)

5 Likes

Why TF do people think this kind of behavior is acceptable, and will magically solve their problems? B/c it worked when they were two years old?

8 Likes

I forsee no missed flights in her future!

9 Likes

If she could have thrown the computer at the CEO, maybe it would be excusable. But instead, innocent workers on the Death Star get assaulted, and not Tarkan.

4 Likes

I didn’t want to click the link to the cesspool formerly known as Jack’s Microblogging Site so I have to asks somebody who did - did she throw the computer thingy that sits on the desk or did she throw the bit that goes on the floor down there?

2 Likes

She threw a desktop monitor at a worker who was pushing her to leave the behind-the-desk check-in section where she had been waving her hands/fists in the faces of other retreating staff all the while shouting. She then pushed over another monitor before retreating to the customer side. There was a child in a pushchair nearby which might have been hers.

Not to excuse her behaviour but I think it was the pushing that triggered the monitor throwing.

4 Likes

Not the ideal passenger to be trapped with at 40,000 feet.

2 Likes

I believe the problem is that they don’t think, merely react emotionally with no self control or awareness.

5 Likes

Ah, so. . . like a two year old. :+1:

4 Likes

Especially if they’re outside, tearing bits off the wing.

3 Likes

My take seems she threw the keyboard first (which has a longer cord so it flew farther) then the monitor (which just kind of falls short due to the shorter cords)

It seems the person she hit, who is likely another civilian, may have been with her, I am guessing that due to their body language at the end of the video. They also began the video on the outside of the counter, went behind to buffer her sort of, then went back out

All in all, a fine display in poor decision making

1 Like

What I’m curious about is whether things have always been this weird and we’re hearing more about it or if something has changed - and if so, why?

If it truly is different, it’s as if people suddenly decided to no longer care about what might happen as a result of their actions. Or their self-control and impulse control have become radically impaired.

Is anyone writing about this? I’d love to read more about it.

1 Like

I think what’s changed is that just about everyone now has a video recorder in their hands. :person_shrugging:

6 Likes

missed-my-train__500x281

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.