Pastor Greg Locke threatens to expose the six witches in his church

Originally published at: Pastor Greg Locke threatens to expose the six witches in his church | Boing Boing

6 Likes

In case it wasn’t obvious, this ends poorly.

Not just for those women (if they truly have names picked out) but for, y’know, everyone. We can’t go back to this sort of savagery.

50 Likes

The old saying applies: “if you don’t know who the witch in the congregation is, it’s you.”

39 Likes

Sassy Power GIF by Netflix Philippines

36 Likes

So…six women in the congregation told this asshole to put his pants back on or remove his hand from their bodies.

89 Likes

ineedthisforreactions GIF

35 Likes

Well you can’t have a proper hex without six.

47 Likes

This sounds like a really bad reality show. He’ll reveal on witch each week, with the remaining most powerful one becoming the bride of Satan.

11 Likes

What proof pastor? Did you catch them using … herbs? Or even, gasp folk remedies? OH! MUH! GAWD!

7 Likes

Wanna bet it was some women who “refused to submit” or some such bullshit? Who “didn’t know their places,” "“denied the supremacy of the men in the church?” Damn, this guy is the worst.

44 Likes

They’ve been trying to do that for a while now, actually. Not just with this, but with women’s bodily autonomy. You want to punish women and even kill them, then you take away our right to control our reproduction and make sure not all of us have access to good medical care over all, just as is being done in some states. That’s the most surefire way to ensure that women who step “out of line” pay the ultimate price for our “sins.”

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

28 Likes

At first I thought it was some sort of thing to get people paranoid and trusting in him for the answers (you know, like cults do), and that may still be part of it. But then he mentioned sage burning at the end. It sounds like some people are doing Native rituals, which have been adopted by new-agey types and is now even marketed to the high fashion crowd. It Ironically it is supposed to purify the space. :confused:

These off the rails evangelical preachers are terrifying.

14 Likes

Credit for image goes to SwankSpecials on Etsy, but the saying has been around quite a while.

34 Likes

How can any rational person watch and listen to this guy without laughing, noping outta there and questioning christianity?

11 Likes

Well, there’s your answer right there. A person who finds a need to control and dehumanize others so that they can feel stronger and bigger would fit right in here. I find that irrational, but there are certainly those who might disagree.
Also, there are those who are involved in unhealthy relationships who probably do not feel that they can nope outta there, or have internalized it enough that they really don’t want to.

22 Likes

if i was there, i’d be so tempted to say, “ok, so go ahead: name them. then what?”

2 Likes

I only recently learned that our modern idea of witches is derived from one book, published by someone who by the accounts was probably mentally ill, and who certainly had a sexual infatuation with a local woman he accused of being a witch. His book took off and led to witch hunts (primarily of women) and persecution of people whose only “crime” was knowing the old pre-Christian ways. Prior to that they were mostly tolerated.

19 Likes

Maybe he’s going to let things simmer for a while, let a few people get chased out of town and have one person die suspiciously. Then he’ll say, “Actually, there were never any witches. I just did this as an exercise to show how idle gossip can destroy a community. In a way, gossip is the real witchcraft. As a follow-up for today, we’ll be watching a classic episode of ‘Twilight Zone’ that touches on this theme.”

2 Likes

Fuck, that’s scary; he’s basically setting the stage for a ‘good ol’ fashioned lynching/witch burning.’

28 Likes

I mean that’s a brave stance, but understand that much of the people are armed, very angry, and will likely assault you with the encouragement of Locke. I’ve gone to one of his little hate fests just for entertainment, and we left halfway through because it was terrifying. The people at that church ARE going to kill these witches if he names them. They will do it.

10 Likes